ripjaws memtest fail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ripjaws memtest fail

hey all I have built a new gaming rig this past week and am having BSOD issues when I run games.
    here is the system I built...
    amd phenom IIx61055t
    asus crosshair IV formula
    gskill ripjaw 1600 8gb kits X2 16gb total
    hd6770 gpu in crossfire
    gs700 corsair psu
    windows7 64 bit home, sp1 and all updates
    all bios and mobo/gpu drivers are updated
    the troubleshooting steps are as follows........
    replaced both gpu's upgraded psu to 700 from 600w
    reseated all ram.
    I have run memtest-86 on all sticks individually and no errors, when I run memtest-86 on all 4 sticks I get errors in step 7 block move its about 43 errors.
    I dont know how to interpret the bsod dumpfiles to see what actually caused it, but I know I get errors on my ram modules with all of them installed, but one at a time I do not.
    I made sure to set my dram to 9-9-9-24 and 1.5v in bios, and that didnt help
    any thoughts would be very helpfull, I am tearing my hair out here.
    Last edited by vypr; 12-20-2011, 08:35 PM.

Memtest won't run correctly with multiple sticks, and since you have two sets and running AMD would suggest raising DRAM voltage to 1.56 to 1.6 and raise CPU/NB voltage appr + .05 from where you are at. If still problems, post the model of the sticks and your BIOS settings for voltages, DRAM and freqs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well I am not as computer literate as I thought I was. so Ill do my best to provide the info
      f3-12800cl9d-8gbrl two of these kits
      dram 9-9-9-24-6-39-12-5
      dram2nd info 7-2-6-44-160-7.8ms-2t
      dram frequency 1600
      cpu 2800 (stock)
      dram voltage now set to 1.6
      and added +.05 to cpu/nb offset voltage
      now with all this being said about memtest not correctly testing multiple sticks could my bsod have been from my ram settings being11-11-11-28?? and not 9-9-9-24 like the box said?

Comment

Yes, also having two sets of the DRAM, normally requires additional voltage to the DRAM and CPU/NB, AMD also often requires more than default voltage for 1600 and up DRAM...might also check and make sure you have the latest BIOS, if it's tuned better to the DRAM you might be able to lower voltages a little and cut down on the heat

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X