4*2GB as two duallies for my ASUS/AMD rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4*2GB as two duallies for my ASUS/AMD rig

hi i am andre from germany and i'm using GSkill rams since i upgraded my system one year ago.

ASUS M4n98TD Evo AM3
    AMD Phenom II X4 965 blackedition

it ran the whole year perfectly on a GSkill dual channel kit:
    F3-12800CL9D-4GBNQ 2*2GB

without any problems at all gettin them on 1600mHz, even if its not verified by asus. newest roumors tell 2000mHz would work too.

anyway, i needed a new mouse and so recognized the real cheap DDR3 rams in this months.
    bit unsure about 4*2GB as two dual channel i ordered another kit.

the 4 slots are A1/B1/A2/B2...in this follow
    it was using A1/B1 and i sticked the two new dimms right behind the other two.
    I CAN SAY....this was a very slow startup and shut down, breathtaking.

after i assorted them proberly in the 4 slots: kit1 on A1/A2; kit2 on B1/B2
    it started prompt with 8GB @ 1600mHz shown on bios startup.

My CPUZ gives a little freaky MHz's for the 4 dimms on the SPD register under timings table. frequency's from 533 till 800MHz are shown with different timings. the last row shows it like XMP-1600 800MHz @GSkill original timings and 1,5V. looks good to me. important is what bios loads on startup in my opinion.

Have i overseen s.th. or did this work just fine? how comes that this highly compatible board is not recommended by GSkill, benchmarks were really fast.
    not comparable to the intels, but right after them in AIDA64....

would you recommend settin the timimgs? one dual channel kit was timed 8-8-8-22 i guess. now they are all original timed in 9-9-9-24.
    and last thing is: in benchmarks is often shown- UNGANGED/GANGED, what does it mean, whats better?

thanks and nice evening all here....

Prob got a set that has the updated programming, regardless, will still want to set them up manually with each pair in the same colored slot. May need to increase DRAM and CPU/NB voltages up from where you were at with two sticks. Ganged is basically combining all the memory into a single 128 bit bus, where unganged keeps your DRAM split into 2 separate 64 bit buses, there are pros and cons of ganged vs unganged, and it's probably best to google it, do some reading on the matter and see what you think is best for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X