ECS A75F-M2 and DDR3 1866 configuration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ECS A75F-M2 and DDR3 1866 configuration

I have a Elitegroup ECS A75F-M2 (AMD motherboard) and my Gksill DDR3 1866 defaults to DDR-1600 800 mhz memory in the BIOS. What do I need to configure in my BIOS to make to work at the proper rated memory size? My system is not over clocked in any way. I am running an FM1 socket CPU, AMD A6-3500. I have 2 Gksill memory chips for a total of 8 GB. My memory model is F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR.

Currently no one in the forum has this configuration. Thank You!

You'll want the latest BIOS, then you'll need to set up freq, base timings, CR and voltage manually to spec and possible add some voltage to the DRAM and or CPU/NB. Try manual settings first and see if mobo adjust voltages for you.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I really need much more specific instructions on what to change. I quite good at configuring PC's but have never overclocked memory. I see in many of the posting I need to a timing of 9-10-9-28-2N. I have no idea how to do that. I do have the latest BIOS from ECS.

Comment

I'll try and pull up a manual later tonight or sometime Monday, it's basically going to the DRAM timings and inserting the spec timings and ensure voltage is correct to start, the CPU is suppose to support 1866 so there is no real OCing involved

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Look in your motherboard user's manual, it should have the information you need to build a system properly.

Typically the main timings are the first four listed in the DRAM timings section of BIOS.

First one is..

tCL - CAS Latency
          tRCD - Row Cycle Delay Time
          tRP - Row Precharge Time
          tRAS - Row Refresh ACT (active) Time

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

Changing DRAM settings for 1866 memory

Okay, I have found the section in the motherboard manual for changing the main DRAM timings to support the 1866 memory. What do I change the values to?

The default settings are for 1333 memory. The manual says it sets the values as follows (in parentheses):

Memory Clock DCT0 is (DDR-1333/667Mhz)
            This item shows current memory clock of DCT0.

CAS#Latency(tcl) (9CLK)
            This item determines the operation of DDR SDRAM memory CAS (column address
            strobe). It is recommanded that you leave this item at the default value. The 2T
            setting requires faster memory that specifically supports this mode.

RAS# to CAS# Delay(tRD) (9CLK)
            This item specifies the RAS# to CAS# delay to Rd/Wr command to the same bank.
            RAS# Active Time(tRAS) (24CLK)
            This item specifies the RAS# active time.
            Row Precharge Time(tRP) (9CLK)
            This item specifies Row precharge to Active or Auto-Refresh of the same bank.

The manual can be found at: http://www.ecs.com.tw/ECSWebSite/Pro...ID=106&LanID=0

I really do not have any experience in changing memory settings in the BIOS.

Comment

Try setting the CPU Host/Bus Frequency to 240, then set your base timings to 9-10-9-28, CR 2T, DRAM 1.55, and CPU/NB voltage up a bit maybe + .05 from your current setting

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X