maybe F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• maybe F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL problem

Have a MSI X79A GD65 (8D) mainboard. Populate slots 1 & 3 it will post and go to os with no problem. Try to add additional ram to slots 5, 6, 7 and 8 it will not post with an error 67.
    Can't run quad ram mode. Msi doesn't have a clue yet. I had the board and cpu replaced with the same problem. It seems nobody else has this problem but I don't know what ram they are using. One user is using F3-12800CL9Q-16GBXL with no problems. Is the GBXL that much different than GBZL? It seems that it is highly unlikely to have two mainboards and two different cpus with the same problem. I can only guess that it is the memory. I at my wits end. Any suggestions?

Mixing the two will take a bit of time and patience and what works on one mobo prob won't on another, the XLs are programmed and set up 1155 P67/Z68 mobos that run XMP 1.2, the Zs are designed and programmed for XMP 1.3, so while either should work fine on your mobo, mixing them will require manual set up

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I am trying to use the F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL set on the board and not trying to mix the memory. Was just curious since someone else is using GBXL on the same MSI board.

Comment

Either will work, the Z model your looking at would be a better fit as it will work with XMP (1.3), just want to ensure you have the latest BIOS. With the X model would prob need to set up manually depending on the defaults

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Also have F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL. How does that compare to F3-12800CL9Q-16GBZL?

Comment

Do you have the latest BIOS, the DIMMS should be in slots 1,3,5,7 (the two furthest from the CPU and what would be the 2nd slot from either side of the CPU. From there boot into BIOS, enable XMP and select the profile for your set.

Comment

Have the latest bios from MSI web site. Even tried a beta bios from MSI support which wasn't any good. I do put memory in slots 1 an 3. The problem comes when I put memory in slots 5 and 7 also.

Comment

Could try running memtest on each stick individually in slot 1, to see if there's a bad stick, with them in the correct slots, should be able to enable XMP and pick your profile, the mobo is suppose to be compliant with XMP 1.3, and the Ripjaws Z were designed for the socket 2011, and XMP 1.3

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X