Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Crap. Hoping that would do it. No dice.

Thanks again for all your help.

Just curious, but should I have bought different DIMMs, or are the ones I have compatible? It just seems so strange that either stick works by itself, in either slot, but not two together, even with more juice.

Comment

Should be fine with the mobo, maybe the BIOS still isn't up to snuff, could drop them a line asking, in the meantime could try raising the DRAM voltage up a bit more, maybe even to 1.6 which is still safe

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Increase Row Cycle Time to 40

Write Recovery Time 14

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Upping the dram voltage seemed to make it crap out sooner in the boot process.

Upping the RCT and WRT seemed to have a positive effect. Windows stayed up for almost 5 minutes but then still rebooted itself.

Comment

VDD/NB to 1.24

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I can't set it to 1.24 but neither 1.2375 or 1.25 make a difference.

Don't know if any of these settings are relevant but I realize I didn't include them in my other post.

Comment

There was a bios update available for my motherboard, so I installed it and retested with various settings. Unfortunately, there was no change, it still reboots itself with both dimms in.

Comment

Will see if we can get GSkill to chime in

Tman

Comment

That would be great! Thanks again for all your assistance.

Comment

Have you tried 2 and 4?

Feel free to send the memory in for RMA if you continue to have problems.

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

I think you are asking about slots but I am not sure.

This MB has two slots. Either of the DIMMs works fine alone. The issue is when both are in. I know the slots aren't bad as two 4GB g.skill's that i have work fine.

What is your RMA process. Can I get replacement RAM and then send in mine? Like I said, I can use one stick and have a working rig.

Thanks!

Comment

Will want to talk to the RMA folks @ rma@gskillusa.com info can be found here:

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Tman

Comment

Working...
                          X