X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8.00 GB (3.99 Usable)

Hey all,

Current Setup
    Gigabyte P55M-UD2 MOBO (Bios up to date at version F11)
    4x2GB G.SKILL F3-10666CL9D-4GBNQ RAM
    Win 7 64.bit
    Intel Core i5 3.00GHz

I was running with 4GB of this ram with no problem so I decided to buy 2 additional sticks (2 weeks ago) of the same ram to increase to 8GB.

I recieved the ram and installed it and it was showing as it should with 8.00 GB Available. Over the past week I have noticed that my system is showing 8.00 GB and 3.99 GB available.

In the bios it says this:
    1 2 3 4
    DIMM Slot (MB) 2048 2048 2048 2048
    Enabled Slot (MB) 2048 2048 - -
    Total Memory Size (MB) 4096

I have tried moving the RAM around however I still get the same problem. Could this be a problem with my Motherboard RAM slots 3/4? Nothing has changed on my system it just suddenly started doing this.

Thanks

Might check the BIOS for a Memory Remapping option? Also, might pull the sticks and reset BIOS to defaults, then reinstall...another possible is check socket for any thermal compound that may have seeped under CPU /into socket and check for bent/broken pins in there

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I could not find a memory remap option in the bios.

I have already pulled ram and reset bios to defaults and reinstalled.

There is no thermal compound seeping through

There wouldnt be any broken/bent pins as I have never removed the cpu since i bought it brand new last year.

Thank you for your reply

Comment

Guessing you have the latest BIOS, F11, if not can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...?pid=3287#bios

See if Performance Enhance is on Turbo, and if so could try Standard, may need additional voltage to run the sticks, could try raising DRAM +.05 and/or could try raising QPI/VTT (your memory controller voltage) to around 1.21-1.24,

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I do have F11. Also I shouldn't need to change anything with voltages, everything was working when I first installed the ram. I just turned on my computer one day and it starte doing this. I have tried changing to standard from tubro and no change.

Comment

Originally posted by Bennett View Post
            I do have F11. Also I shouldn't need to change anything with voltages, everything was working when I first installed the ram. I just turned on my computer one day and it starte doing this. I have tried changing to standard from tubro and no change.
            It might be labled something else.. I dont have a gigabyte one but i got an EVGA mobo. Check around for it in memory options could be named something totally different.
            Last edited by Squall_Rinoa89; 12-05-2011, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Feel free to send them in for RMA and see if replacements work better.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
              X