Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GA-Z68AP-D3 (Rev 1.0) fully compatible with these RAMs? And which one is the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-Z68AP-D3 (Rev 1.0) fully compatible with these RAMs? And which one is the best?

Hello, I just registered to ask this because I will be building a new PC and I myself only bought ValueRAM in my previous computers but now I'm going to build something that's focused on gaming so I decided to check out high quality RAMs as well.

Here's what I got for MB+CPU -

Mainboard: Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 Rev. 1.0
    CPU: Intel i5 2500k 3.3GHz

And here are the RAMs I'm currently checking out (All 2x4GB) -

F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR
    F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
    F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

First question, I couldn't find those specified models in Mainboard's Memory Support List so I'm a bit worried, are all of them "fully compatible" with my MB and CPU and works out of the box? (I will probably upgrade MB Bios if it's needed though) I only see the 8GBXL heavily promotes "Designed for 2nd Generation Intel Processors" but not that much on other models.

Second question, which one of 4 models I listed, performs the best regardless of price? (Please no other model that's not listed here) Is it the F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR one? Also with 8GBSR2 model, I notice the Test Voltage is only 1.25V, any advantages/disadvantages?

Also if I install Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus, will I be able to fit 8GBXL (Ripjaws X) with that CPU cooler installed?

Thanks!
    Last edited by AnonymousX; 11-29-2011, 01:56 PM.

Of the 4 the Ripjaws X (F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL) were designed for the P67/Z68) mobo/CPU combos and work very very well. The Snipers (1.5) work very well also, I have two sets in my P67 and love them...they OC well (up over 2100) and also can be tightened down at stock, even more so at 1600 if you were to go that route..... the low voltage Snipers I haven't worked with that much, but appear to good sticks also.

Of the 4 I'd go w/ the 1866 1.5 Snipers

The 212 Plus is very popular and in the event of clearance issues, many have mounted the fan to the rear, might also look at the Zalman CNPS5X, I was going to use a 9700, but this keeps things to 34 with the system at 4.8+

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the reply! I was looking through RAM list again and found people said that DDR3 1600 / Cas 9 is sweet spot for Sandy Bridge but I'm not sure that Cas 8 at 1600 will perform better than Cas 9 at 1866?

I found this Ripjaws X 1600 Cas 8, also I would like to know if my MB+CPU won't have stability problem with Cas 8 -
      F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

And what do you think of that RAM compared to this one?-
      F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Will F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM give better performance compared to F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR?

If anyone can confirm it, I think I will get that one instead of Sniper

Thanks!
      Last edited by AnonymousX; 11-30-2011, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Would prob have to run BenchMarks to figure the difference, generally 1600 at CL8 is almost on a par with 1866 at CL9, but results can actually vary from one rig to another, and even one set of sticks to another

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Just saw this article and it helped a lot

http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/mem...sandy-bridge/1

Comment

That's was a pretty good article, caught it back earlier this year, and is a good one to share with folks, thankfully the price points have changed dramatically over the last months, the first set of 1866 Snipers I bought were about $140 and the go for $50 now

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X