Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Low QPI voltage on XMP profile - won't boot unless raised but still have problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Low QPI voltage on XMP profile - won't boot unless raised but still have problems

Hi,

I have the Quad-Channel 2133 (4x4gb) set @ CL9 and am using 3 sticks on a X58 in triple channell until I get the X79 motherboard.

The XMP profile has only 1.2v on QPI/DRAM voltage with 1.66V on DRAM voltage. It will not even POST with this, to get the system to boot windows, I had to set the profille to 1 and raise the QPI to 1.7 (same as the kingston ddr3-2000 memory I had previously).

If i try to use profile 2 at 2133, it only registers 8gb instead of 12gb, I have also had 2 BSOD today even at 2000.

Are there any other settings I should be changing to make the system more stable?

Motherboard - Asus P6T Deluxe v1 with 2209 bios
    Processor - Core i7-950 stock clocks
    Memory - F3-17000CL9Q-16GBZH (4x4gb but using 3x4gb in triple channel)

Thanks,

Jez

The set is programmed for 4 sticks w/ XMP, If using 3 on a Tri-channel, you will need to set them up manually

I'd suggest 2133 9-11-10-28 2T 1.65, and you'll need a healthy OC, prob slightly higher than you were running w/2000 sticks (if they were running at 2000)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Tried using a BCLK of 152 with QPI at 1.7 but still reporting 8gb

Previous 2000 memory ran at a bck of 143 with 1.7 QPI (set by XMP profile) which works fine with this memory at 2000 (profile 1) also.

Just cant get it to run at 2133 without the ram dropping to 8gb.

Set the bios up manually instead of XMP to check as you suggested, although the settings were the same if I use xmp profile 2.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

could you post your BIOS settings?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Settings are

CPU Ratio - 23
          Speedstep - Disabled
          BCLK - 166
          PCIE - 100
          DRAM - DDR3-1997
          UCLK - AUTO
          QPI RATE - AUTO

CPU Voltage - 1.27500v
          CPU PLL - AUTO
          QPI Core Voltage - 1.7v
          IOH Voltage - Auto
          IOH PCIE Voltage - Auto
          ICH Voltage - Auto
          ICH PCIE Voltage - Auto
          Dram Bus Voltage - 1.66v
          Load Line : Disabled
          Everything else auto

DRAM set at 8-10-9-26 2N, everything else auto. System is stable but at DDR-2000

Comment

Didn't see it, but do you have the latest BIOS?

Tman

Comment

Yes, bios is 2209 (latest from Asus website)

Comment

Well, hoping GSkill will be in today

Tman

Comment

No replies from G-Skill?

I now have the system stable at DDR3-1866, at BCLK 155.

I hope there are some settings I can change, as I removed 6gb Kingston 2000 at 8-8-8-24 and am now at 1866 at 8-10-9-26

Would appreciate any help.

Comment

Will drop them a line to take a look Monday when they are back in

Tman

Comment

You're at your max if DDR3-2000 requires QPI 1.70V. Which slots are they installed in? Have you tried the other slots?

Thank you
                      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                      X