8gb modules running at 2133mhz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8gb modules running at 2133mhz

Hi Everyone! I am new on this forum. I've tried to find a similar question to mine with no luck...I want to use 8gb Modules (n x 8gb) on an X79 platform. My goal is to finally fulfill a sabertooth motherboard, even if I buy the ram piece by piece (cost issue). I want the modules to run at 2133mhz (I would play with timings and voltages to achieve this...) Which models from GSKILL could make me achieve this please ? Thank you for your help

Best bet will be the Ripjaws Z models which are designed for Sandy Bridge E, next best will be Ripjaws X models, pls note however it's best to buy all at once that you'll want need because mixing sets, even of the same model can be problematic, especially with the higher freq DRAM, and there's no guarantee mixing sets will work which is why they make the sets in different amounts of total DRAM, also XMP won't work with mixed sets if planning on using XMP, each set is set up for the number of sticks and amount of DRAM in the set

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok thank you ! I understand what you mean. Well I planned on buying a 32gb ripjaws Z set, placed in the first quad channel rows, then another same set 2 or 3 months later as I can't afford a 64gb set at once. Can the 1600mhz rated set be ran at 2133mhz? What does XMP 1.3 mean ? Does it mean the motherboard will adjust the system at 2133mhz by itself? What would I have to adjust on the Sabertooth ? Thank you for your help and sorry for the multiple questions...

Comment

XMP is short for eXtreme Memory Profile, when used, it basically sets the system up for you, rather than you have to set up the DRAM timings, voltages, CPU freq, voltage, bus, etc manually. XMP 1.3 is the latest revision of the Intel Standard. No, 1600 sticks won't run under XMP at 2133, XMP has profiles that start low, and go up to the rated speed, so the speed you want to run is the rated speed you need to buy. If you bought a 32 GB set of 2133, you should only need to install the sticks, go into the BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1600 (or 2133 or whatever speed you purchased) profile and be good to go.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

ok, but I still haven't seen any 8gb module rated at 2133mhz (I guess they still aren't available, are they ?), so I bet no corresponding XMP profile. I'm not really interested in automatic XMP profiles. All I want is using 8gb modules at 2133mhz, so I guess I'll have to manually set voltage, timings and so on. So which of the available 8gb sticks are able to run at 2133mhz, even though I have to set everything manually ? Thanks again

Comment

That's prob a call for GSkill, I don't know what there production plans are, may be looking to see how the 16GB sets go, and lower rated 32 and 64GB sets, think a 1600 64GB 8x8 GB set is available for about a grand and the Egg has a couple 1600 sets of 32GB (4x8GB) for $440 to $500.....Imagine 2133 and up will be quite a bit more

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X