Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM (4x2GB) and MSI P55-GD65

Hi,

I had a kit of G.Skill Kit Extreme3 2 x 2 Go PC12800 Ripjaws CAS 7 and decided to buy another one to upgrade to 8GB.

The RAM is detected but I got random bsod, the bios is currently in failsafe configuration, and is flashed to the latest version available. For the slots on the MB, each kit is on one color.

the memory is set to:
    9-9-9-24 74 2T

Any idea how to solve this problem ?

Thanks in advance

Do you have the latest BIOS? Also with two sets XMP won't work so you'll have to enter the timings and CR manually as well as DRAM voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes latest BIOS (v1.12) flashed

Comment

Will want to install, go to BIOS, manually set them 7-8-7-24 2N 1.6 or can try 8-8-8-24 2N 1.6 and see how that works, if problems may want to raise the VCCIO +.05. See how that goes...if any trouble, and there may be since mixing sets can be problematic...get back to us.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Little feedback on my problem:

I did like you said and set the ram to 8-8-8-24 to be safe and since then, it works great!

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated.

Comment

No problem, glad to hear it! Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Hi,

Unfortunately I'm back on this post and it means not everything is good

I have much less problems, but I still have some bsod and random explorer/firefox crash (reinstalled everything a couple of times, pretty much confidant the windows installation is clean and the problem is hardware).

I also have a random crc error on rar files that it seems come from memory problems.

I upped the VCCIO by +0.09, but the problem is still here.

Any other idea ?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Try DRAM at 1.65

Tman

Comment

Just tried DRAM at 1.65 for about 15min, had 3 bsod + error message on launching explorer/firefox "memory could not be read", basically couldn't do anything.

DRAM is back at 1.50 (auto)

edit: I just understood that I should have already set the DRAM to 1.60 from your previous post "8-8-8-24 2N 1.6" (didn't get the 1.6 at first), tried at 1.60 and it was instant windows freeze, same for 1.55
                  Last edited by nicow777; 01-29-2012, 03:05 AM.

Comment

I may be wrong, but took a look at MSI, and for the MSI P55-GD65, they show the latest BIOS as 1.B, dated 2011-8-18, and don't show a ver 1.12, can be found here:

http://www.msi.com/product/mb/P55-GD65.html#/?div=BIOS

Yes/No?

Tman

Comment

My bad, I have the "v1.11" installed, I guess they replaced .10 and .11 with A and B on the website, but in the readme of the last version (1.B), it's also called v1.11.

Comment

Then me bad, will try and do some research on this and see what I can find

Tman

Comment

Well, I am tired of these problems with 4 sticks, I tried 9 9 9 24 @ 1.6, less problems but there are still crashs and bsod from time to time.

I'm about to get 2x4gb from gskill again, do you have any advice to get the best stability with my setup ?

I'm looking at those sticks:

F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
                          F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
                          or maybe those one CAS 8
                          F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM
                          F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM

Comment

Either of the regular Ripjaws might be best bet, they came out for the P55, though the Ripjaws X both work fine also. Could take a look at the 1.5 volt Snipers, have had good success with them and the P55

Tman

Comment

Working...
                            X