Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-16000CL9T-6GBTD Memory Mix and Match

Hi

I built a rig last Nov with the following memory, mother board and cpu.

Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD5 Motherboard Rev2
    Intel Core i7 950
    G.Skill Trident F3-16000CL9T-6GBTDD (3x2GB) DDR3

I have been told that the memory is now discontinued and would like to know if there is another 3x2gb kit that i could mix and match to get the rig up to 12gb of memory.

Dont particularly want to have to sell my memory and get a 12gb kit.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Lastly the shop I get my regular gear through I have a credit with and they are the ones informing me the original memory is discontinued. Ultimately I would like to use the credit before I spend more cash.

Thanks

Offhand I can't think of any available, maybe GSkill can make a call Thurs

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

The Trident series uses special chips, so most likely other kits will not be compatible. I would suggest selling the 6GB kit, or send them in to us for credit and exchange for something like this:

F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        The Trident series uses special chips, so most likely other kits will not be compatible. I would suggest selling the 6GB kit, or send them in to us for credit and exchange for something like this:

F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        I am in the same situation with the same RAM. How much credit would you give towards an exchange?

Comment

Not sure, that's a GSkill call, can PM GSkill Tech

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
            ...I would suggest selling the 6GB kit, or send them in to us for credit and exchange for something like this:

F3-16000CL9T-12GBRM...
            Looks like this one is now discontinued too.

Could I please get a new recommendtion.

I would like to exchange for 12GB (4GB x3) of RAM.

Comment

That set is out of stock at the Egg, but don't think it's discontinued, again sorry I don't have details, but might want to PM GSkill Tech

Tman

Comment

Contact the RMA dept. and let them know. They can provide details such as what is available and what you can exchange for.

At this time, your best kit is this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231358

Some have used 16GB kits to achieve better performance (since 16GB kits come in DDR3-1866+ and low latencies). But keep in mind results are not guaranteed since the memory was not tested with triple channel motherboards. Hopefully you have some overclocking knowledge, or you can count on us.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi,

OK thanks for that.

So you are saying that Quad Channel Kits should work in tripple channel motherboards just fine?

By the way, I should have said at first..

I have a GA-X58A-UD3R rev. 2.0 motherboard running BIOS FH.

Thanks again,

Will

PS: Tradesman, thank you too. Yeah sadly though its been out of stock for weeks, so betting its done.

Comment

Yes, quad channel can work in triple channel.

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Didn't know it had been out that long.....sorry..

Tman

Comment

No problem.

OK cool. Glad to know. Thanks for the info.

And with that, I decided to buy G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1866 (PC3 14900) Desktop Memory Model F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL @ http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231456

Thanks again, both of you!

Comment

Think you'll like the set, they OC well also

Tman

Comment

Excellent. I'll be happy if I can hit DDR3 2000 really.

I'll be sure and ask for help if I need it. I do worry about getting blue screens, again.

My CPU runs hot (around 55c idle) sadly at the moment, due to being 90f+ in my area already. Not even summer yet, ugh.

So had a heard time getting above DDR3 1866.

I can hit DDR3 2250 during the winter just fine and not go above 70c on CPU but right now with 100% load (100% stable, tested 72+ hours with memtest and Bonic) I am hitting 92c. Ouch!
                            Last edited by war59312; 05-14-2012, 01:04 PM.

Comment

I feel for you, I'm in AZ, and we're right on the edge of 100, but you all are prob hitting 90% humidity about now, I use to run through NC, SC GA and FL aot on Tem Duty when I was Air Force out of TAC at Langley AFB in VA..........humidity was killer

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X