Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

G.Skill ram + Asrock mobo + i5 compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill ram + Asrock mobo + i5 compatible?

Hi guys i just bought the G.skill F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH rated at 7-8-7-24 1.6V.

My mobo is the Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 gen3 and im wondering if this pair of sticks are compatible with my mobo along with the i5? I booted up my machine fine but somehow the ram timings are set to 11-11-11-28 @1.5V automatically. Is it right? Or should i set the timing to the rated timings of 7-8-7-24 @1.6V?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, enable XMP and select the 1600 profile...should be good to go, if any problems, disable XMP and set the timings and DRAM voltage manually, your sticks at CL7 with the 1600 freq are high performance and I'm not positive if the mobos BIOS is completely updated for 1600/CL7 yet

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi there i just did what u said and memtest seems to pass it. Btw what should i set the command rate to? 1N or 2N? XMP settings load the sticks with default factory timing but the CR is off with it set to 1N, which it should be 2N?

Comment

2N is the norm, but if it's stable, 1N is better, slightly higher, performance wise

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X