8gbxm only reading 4gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8gbxm only reading 4gb

i recently bought a ripjaw x 8gbxm however when i stick the ram in its only reading 4gb. i have tried sticking the ram in different slots so i believe one of my ram came doa

Are you running a 64bit OS? Is it a 2x4GB set? Can ensure both sticks are are firmly seated, if still problems can run Memtest on each stick individually to make sure they are good, if both good, check to make sure you have the latest BIOS and that your mobo (don't have any idea what you are running) will take 4GB sticks...would help to know the actual model # of the sticks, the CPU and the mobo you have

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

the model i purchased was F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM
      my motherboard is EVGA ftw 3 i am sure it supports the memory module since my friend is running the same specs

i have tested the both memory sticks individually in all the slots and only 1 of them is readable the other ram my computer doesnt even boot to bios

Comment

If one boots and the other does not, you will need to send them in for RMA.

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
        X