• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM Won't boot at 2133‏

RAM - F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM
    MoBo: ASRock P67 EXTREME4 GEN3
    CPU: Intel Core i5 2500K

Setup will not boot using XMP settings for 2133 MT/s RAM settings. I have attempted to manually configure the UEFI settings to 9-11-10-28-2N as indicated at http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=403 with no luck. I have also tried manually increasing the Voltage slightly with no relief, on both "Auto" and Manual settings, with and without the XMP profile loaded.

I have managed to get it to boot at 1866MT/s, but it proves to be unstable through either use, or 30 seconds of stress testing with "Intel Burn Test".

Boots and runs just fine at 1600.

I would like to ensure that I've fully exhausted all possibilities for configuration before RMA'ing what otherwise appears to be defective memory, as the hassle of the return, as well as the prospect of being without my computer for a week or more are highly unattractive options for me.

The settings I have available for tweaking, as well as their current values, are as follows:

tCL - 9
    tRCD - 11
    tRP - 10
    tRAS - 28
    CR - 2N

tWR - 12
    tRFC - 128
    tRRD - 5
    tWTR - 6
    tRTP - 6
    tFAW - 24

DRAM Voltage - 1.650v
    PCH voltage - 1.059
    CPU PLL Voltage - 1.832v
    VTT Voltage - 1.051v
    VCCSA Voltage - 0.925

As the XMP settings do not seem to work, returning a Dr. Debug error indicating "Memory initialization: Programming memory timing information", could you please advise on the exact manual settings to try at 2133MT/s before I give up and assume the product to be defective and returning them?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I have indeed tried with both the latest BIOS version (1.10) and the original, (1.00).

1.10 introduced hardware problems with my mouse being recognized in UEFI, so I have reverted back to 1.00 currently.

Comment

Try resetting the BIOS, then set the multiplier to 44, then enable XMP and select the 2133 profile.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I shouldn't have to overclock my CPU by 33% to get my RAM to function at its advertised rate.

While I will try this, temporarily, as a diagnostic, I do not consider a 4.4GHz CPU overclock to be an acceptable solution.

I will report back after I have tried this.

Comment

No luck, unless you were referring to some "Multiplier" other than the CPU ratio.

Tried with and without giving DRAM a slight Voltage boost as well.

Get the same Dr. Debug error: Memory initialization: Programming memory timing information"

Comment

If you want to run 2133 an OC is required, even at 1866 you need to OC the system, the DRAM can't run faster than the system is running - if no OC wanted you could try the RAM at 1600

Comment

Emailed you some tweaks.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Tried the settings as e-mailed with no luck. Same Dr. Debug error as before.

Is this indicative of a bad set of RAM, or is there another possible issue that could be the cause here?

Comment

Have you run memtest on each stick individually to check if a stick is bad?

Tman

Comment

Working...
                    X