Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• f3-12800cl9d-8gbxl with Gigabyte 970A-UD3

Hi All,

I am building a new PC with the above RAM/Mobo with an AMD FX-6100 and the PC won't POST. The fans all come on, no beeps no nothing.
    EDIT: A bit more complete list

Gigabyte 970A-UD3 Motherboard
    Gigabyte GTX 560 1Gb GPU
    4 Sticks of F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL I've tried with only 1 stick as well.

Anyone got any suggestions? I have tried with just one stick in all 4 positions and no joy.

Thanks

Mark
    Last edited by mtiller; 10-29-2011, 05:04 PM.

New build, is it in the case or on a bench? Ig in case, make sure the mobo is fully seated and all the screws are tight into ALL standoffs (in case of a short), Graphics card seated and power cable attached (if needed), make sure sticks are seated firmly in their sockets.., make sure 24 pin power connector tight as well as the 4/8 CPU power connector tightIf still no joy...see if you can try another or borrow a stick or two just to see if it's upir sticks, if other DRAM does the same then my guess would be to look at CPU and socket, check for any thermal compound that may have seeped onto face of the CPU or in the socket, also check closely for bent pins........also possible, try a different power supply

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman,

It's on the bench, I've tried different PSU, no bent pins, everything seated firmly.

GPU definitely seated and with power. I've also tried a different GPU which doesn't need extra power. No thermal compound on the pins or Socket.

My guess is it's either incompatible RAM, or a dead CPU or motherboard. I don't have any other DDR3 RAM, but I can go down to PCworld and get a cheap stick of lower end DDR3 end see if it works. If it does and I can get to the BIOS I'll try changing the settings in accordance with the stickies on here.

Mark

Comment

Another idea might be, that because the mobo has been available for awhile, if it doesn't have have least the F3 BIOS (F4 is latest

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3907#bios

it won't support the Dozer. May want to see if you can use/borrow/another CPU to flash the BIOS

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Another idea might be, that because the mobo has been available for awhile, if it doesn't have have least the F3 BIOS (F4 is latest

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3907#bios

it won't support the Dozer. May want to see if you can use/borrow/another CPU to flash the BIOS
          Tman,

Thanks for your help, that was the issue!

I pulled the 965 out of the PC I'm building for the wife and used it to update the BIOS, all loooks good now and it's booting. I can now put it in the case and seriously start the buildout.

The 6100 with 16Gb RAM and an nVidia 560 should make for a good gaming/photo processing rig.

Cheers

Mark

Comment

I'll drop a bill in the mail.....LOL! just kidding.....glad it got it, let us know how things go with the builds

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X