Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newly Installed RAM causing WiFi interference?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newly Installed RAM causing WiFi interference?

As I wait for a response from G.SKILL Tech Support I my as well post this here.
    Bear with me.

Model RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Motherboard: Asus Crosshair IV Formula

Model CPU: AMD Phenom™ II X6 1055T @3.3

I installed 2 DIMMS of G.SKILL RAM this afternoon. Everything went smoothly after installation. After playing a match of BF3 my computer shut down with no BSOD and no message. Generally a PSU issue correct?

Anyways, this is my setup: I have a MacBook Air which gets my WiFi signal and I bridge the connection through Ethernet to my PC. This has always worked before and I've never had any problem getting any sort of connection.

Now after this restart the WiFi times out whenever I'm near my PC. It sits on the floor and my MacBook rests on top of the desk. The moment I step away from the PC (5 feet away) I get my connection back. I've restarted my PC and Air several times as well as having reset and updated my BIOS to the latest version. I've tested it with an iPhone and a Windows Laptop. Also, I've set the voltage manually to 1.5 and not just auto to the same effect.

On the board there are 4 DIMMS. I have the two 4GB DIMMS on the 1st and 3rd channel. If I take out the 3rd, no issues. If I put it in, the problem persists.

I turn off the PC and I have connection. I turn it back on (the moment it starts) and it kills it.

What on earth could possibly be interrupting the signal? It can't be the RAM can it?

Cheers,
    Trevor

EDIT: I have since used the settings posted in the forum to configure the RAM. I don't have any more system instability. No crashing whatsoever but the WiFI interference still exists and the dead zone is about 4 feet in range.
    Last edited by trevorjames; 10-29-2011, 02:11 PM.

Shouldn't have anything to do with DRAM , least no that I;ve ever heard about, unless maybe a short in the wiring...might disable the wireless driver then reinstall it....

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I've solved it. I changed the channel on the router.. go figure!

Comment

Was actually starting to post up to see if you had moved a wireless home phone into the area, have seen where the 2.4GHz phones can disrupt APs and routers.......glad you got it straightened out

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X