• 16GB of F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL + ASUS P8Z68-V Pro

Greetings,

I just put together a new rig with the following components:

CPU: Intel i5-2500K
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V Pro
    RAM: 16GB (4x4) G.Skill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
    Video Card: XFX Radeon HD6950
    PSU: Corsair 750W

I'm fairly certain that I'm running into memory voltage issues. Running Prime95, the PC locked up while CPU temps were still sub-50 degrees. With that said, running 4 DIMMs, what would be the proper voltage settings to stabilize?

I have never really dealt with changing voltages and such, so please give details thoroughly, as I'm still a newbie at this type of thing.

Since you have two separate sets, you may have to raise DRAM voltage about + .05 and/or raise the VCCIO (memory controller voltage) about the same to help the sets play together.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Since you have two separate sets, you may have to raise DRAM voltage about + .05 and/or raise the VCCIO (memory controller voltage) about the same to help the sets play together.
      Before I start playing with voltage, I figured I'd let you know where my current voltages are.

CPU: 1.120V
      DRAM: 1.659
      VCCIO: 1.056 - 1.068
      CPU PLL: 1.793
      PCH: 1.068

As I said in the original post, I'm a newbie in terms of changing voltages and such. Being a newbie, I'm quite worried that I'll fry everything.

I appreciate your time and understanding.

Edit: Please note, I'm not experiencing crashing on a regular basis while doing normal tasks. I have only run into crashing while running Prime95 and while playing Battlefield 3. Both of which I assume will be the only things I have that will push this current setup to any load.
      Last edited by Timb; 10-27-2011, 05:52 PM.

Comment

Those almost all look high, do you have the Latest BIOS? and what do you have CPU at, as far as the multiplier, stock at 33 or OCed to how high?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Those almost all look high, do you have the Latest BIOS? and what do you have CPU at, as far as the multiplier, stock at 33 or OCed to how high?
          As far as I know, it's at stock settings. Chip is currently sitting at 3.3GHz. I had to manually change the RAM timings from 11-11-11-28 to 9-9-9-24

As for BIOS version, it's running 0706. 0801 is the newest version listed on the Asus website, however trying to flash to that version via EZ Flash in the BIOS gave me an error saying that 0801 was not an EFI BIOS (or something to that effect.)

After that failed, I reluctantly installed the Asus AI Suite II and ran the BIOS update from internet which yielded no new versions.

Edit: Managed to flash the BIOS to 0801 via AI Suite II flashing from file instead of having it update from the web. Voltages appear to be the same as prior version though.
          Last edited by Timb; 10-27-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

May want to run memtest on each stick individually, then if all test OK try each set by it self under XMP (and note the voltage settings and DRAM timings) from each, if all still OK turn off XMP and load the second set and try

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X