Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM and ASUS P5E3 PRO

Hello,

I'd like to configure my BIOS to take full advantage of my RAM's DDR3 16000 Speeds, without using XMP profiles. (For whatever reason, the XMP profile overclocks my CPU - no bueno).

Some info about my system:

ASUS PE53 WS PRO Motherboard
    Intel Q9550 Quad core CPU
    G.Skill 2GBX4 (8GB Total) DDR3 1600 RAM
    ( F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM)

Please let me know what I need to change; I do not wish to overclock, and I need everything to be 100% stable, supported, and to spec!

Thanks,
    NNJZ

P.S. - Just wanted to say that I am 100%, absolutely satasfied with G.Skill RAM. Had an issue with RAM going back about a year after buying them, and was dreading the RMA process.

Surprise, surprise; it was fantastically simple and frustration-free. Not only did I get replacement RAM, but it was new and sealed in retail packaging! To this day, I have bought (and continue to buy) only G.Skill memory.

To utilize this memory at full speed, you must overclock the CPU. The CPU is not fast enough for the memory.

For non-overclock settings, try DDR3-1333 7-7-7-21 1.50V

Input that in BIOS and it should work well.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

If I use the XML profile, and it overclocks the CPU, can I leave the vcore voltages at auto without stress testing + raising/lowering voltages to accommodate heat and stability?

Or will all I need to do to have it run stable is use the XML profile and leave everything else on auto?

Thanks for the quick response,
      NNJZ

Comment

XMP is not designed for this motherboard, so technically you should use manual settings. They should look very similar to XMP. Raising voltage can stabilize overclocks, but if you don't want to, you can just lower the CPU Ratio after setting XMP and see how that works. With XMP enabled, it may set some advanced timings incorrectly, and that's when you may encounter issues, but give it a shot and see what happens.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Yeah, I've decided to set the timings and voltage manually (for memory anyway- the CPU vcore I'll leave on auto). I'll raise the fsb and lower the CPU multiplier, and see how well that works out.

Thanks,
          NNJZ

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X