F3-14900cl9d-8GBSR on Asrock z68 extreme 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-14900cl9d-8GBSR on Asrock z68 extreme 4

I got a bundle of 2x4gb gskill sniper 1866 compatible with intel z68 ( F3-14900cl9d-8GBSR ).
    Unfortunatly i got some problems playing games , like little freeze or fps drops in certain situations. I'm pretty sure that is a RAM issue cause i tried 2x2gb (gskill ripjaws ) of a friend and their going well.

when i understood that the problem was "Ram" i used memtest and it went good so those ram are ok ,and probably i need to fix something..

I updated the Bios of Asrock z68 extreme 4 to latest version ( 1.70 that support xmp1.3 ) after that i loaded xmp 1.2 ( @1866 9-10-9-28 1t ) ... now situation is better but still i can notice the problem. ( i didn't got a xmp1.3 , just 1.2 dunno if it is normal )

my cpu is an intel i5 2500k and it is oc to 4.6 ghz with intel optimized configuration ( vcore is around 1.35/1.37 on auto and i think it's a bit higher than normal , but this should not be a prob ) .. vram is 1.5v on auto.

i tried also to run those Ram to 1600@ 8-9-8 24 1t , and nothing changed.
    PS: i also played prime95 for 2h running cpu stress test and than for 1h running ram stress test ... the results were good ( no problems detected ).
    i don't know what to do :/ thks for help, hope u can help me.
    sorry for my bad english.

First try changing the CR to 2T, you show it at 1T...if that doesn't help try raising the DRAM voltage to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well , i used 2t instead of 1t and it went worst ... fps drop rate increased ( about 15/20 less fps ) .. now i'm trying 1t with vdram to 1.545 and seems nothing changed , now i'm running prime95 to test stability with 1.545 voltage , but atm the prob is still present.

Comment

Feel free to send it in for RMA to see if a new kit works better. Have you tried one module at a time to see if it is one causing a problem?

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

i runned prime95 and memtest+ and they went good ( that's why i think it's not an hardware prob ), i just got this stability problem while playing . Again i noticed that with 1.55 dram voltage fps still drop... atm best profile is xmp 1.2 one , but still not perfection ... i rarely have freeze and fps drop while playing ... rly don't know what to do more.

Comment

How about driver's for the GPU? especially when gaming, DRAM can play into it as most GPU will 'borrow' some DRAM to 'help' the memory onboard your graphics card.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

their up to date too ... i'm pretty sure that is a ram issue cause also in win7 while moving windows i always got a slipstream effect and also because i tested my sistem stability with gskill ripjaw of a friend.
              Last edited by Lorenzo; 10-28-2011, 12:14 AM.

Comment

Might want to go ahead and RMA then, can contact them at rma@gskillusa.com or rma@gskill.com (world)

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X