Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (+) F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Not compatible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (+) F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL Not compatible?

*I had Patriot Sector 5 2000mhz p55 ram prior(bsod's w/ gskill ram). This ram states both on gskill and newegg.com that it is compatible with AMD Athlon II/AM3 systems. Also this is Gskill ram paired w/ Gskill ram. I am getting BSOD's often still.

GIGABYTE GA-880GMA-UD2H AM3 AMD 880G SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

My current RAM:

F3-10600CL9D-8GBNT (+) F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=313
    http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=355

Your mixing two totally different sets of DRAM the first set are 1333 CL9 the second is 1600 CL9, which aren't, either set of DRAM, by itself should work fine with the mobo (as long as you have a CPU that can run it. Mixing sets like you have just generally isn't going to work.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Please explain how running this RAM with the same JDEC specs running at A Freq. of 1333 is not going to work.

AMD Phenom II X6 1055T Thuban 2.8GHz -No OC. & mboard supports up to 2000mhz. (Speed should not matter when under-clocking, these sticks are both gskill and advertised to be compatible with my system. Id expect them to work!)
      Last edited by kryteris; 10-26-2011, 10:18 PM.

Comment

The problem is the chips, they are different, so the slight difference can cause incompatibility between the kits. Sometimes the same exact model memory kits may have issues, so certainly completely different kits are more prone to this issue.

They may work, but it should not be expected. If they do not, contact the RMA dept and you can work something out with them to get a set that can work together.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

TY.

That's what I was hoping to hear. I never had problems on my old intel setup. "faster ocz ram mixed w/ gskill"

Comment

Intel is much nicer to have in working with DRAM, AMD has weak MCs (memory controllers)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X