Help a Noob tweak RAM settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help a Noob tweak RAM settings

Hope this is the right place to post this question.
    I am in the process of building an AMD machine and I understand that I will need to tweak the ram settings in the bios to get the rated speed the G.skill ram is said to have.
    I have built a few systems but never tweaked these types of settings before. Could someone point me to a possible thread explaining in detail how to do this? Different forums seem to have different advice on what the settings should be. Hoped I would cut to the chase and ask the experts here.
    I also gather that I should update the Bios first before tweaking the settings to Gigabyte version f9.

CPU: AMD FX-4100 Zambezi 3.6GHz Quad Core
    Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-990XA-UD3
    RAM: G.SKILL Ripjaws F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH
    (Specs say it will run at: DDR3 1333, CAS Latency 7, Timing 7-7-7-21, Volts 1.5)
    GPU: SAPPHIRE 100315L Radeon HD 6850
    PSU: Cooler Master RS700-PCAAE3-US 700W

So what will I put the settings at to run at this spec? Any advice is appreciated.
    Last edited by Photoray; 10-25-2011, 11:34 PM.

Yes, go ahead and the flash the BIOS first, then check and see if the BIOS picks up the sticks at the rated speed timings and give it a try....if timings are off from spec, manually set them and then go

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply. I will flash the bios and perhaps it will work correctly at that time. If the specs don't show as they should, I will come back here.
      Its the part of what to set the timings at that I will need help with.

Thanks.

Comment

With the new BIOS I believe it will auto-detect OK at 1333

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

OK.. parts will be in next Monday. I will post the results of the using the newer BIOS next week if anyone is interested in knowing.

Thanks again.

Comment

Let us know, always interested....

Tman

Comment

Ok, just updated the bios on the new build. The gskill ram was recognized as you stated it would. Everything works great and the speed is as it should be without having to tweak anything.

Thanks for the help Tradesman.

Comment

Noob no longer, good work........Enjoy!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X