F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL + Gigabyte GA990XA-UD3 F8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL + Gigabyte GA990XA-UD3 F8

i've been trying for a week to get this new system i've built stable.

Gigabyte GA990XA-UD3 w/ F8 bios
    F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL
    Phenom II X6 1100T

system runs fine until i install graphics drivers, then any application that needs 3d acceleration causes a TDR error or completely locks up the system.

taking the ram out and running only 1 stick from the kit, the system seems completely stable at 9/9/9/24 1600

i ran memtest86+ with all 4 sticks in, it went through 7 1/2 passes without any errors

im newb at system building, so i don't entirely know what i'm doing but from what i gather i just need to find the correct bios settings for this to work.. i tried multiple settings at 1600/1333 speeds, but nothing has helped at all. i dunno if i need to up the voltage somewhere or what, halp! D:

First do you have the latest BIOS, next can you post your BIOS settings, not sure where your at, first thoughts would be to raise the CPU/NB, but better if we know your DRAM and system settings as well as voltages and system, there's also a sticky on setting up the system for 1600 sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

well i was moving the sticks around in the dimms, testing them out and i think something is wrong with one of the sticks.. it boots and runs fine with any combination of the other 3 sticks, but adding this other one causes instability.

i tried it with this one stick alone in different dimms and twice it wouldnt even POST, the other times it bluescreened on windows loading..

guess i should have done that first, but memtest ran with no errors so i didnt bother :/

it's still running stable right now with 2/4 sticks.

off to rma i guess~
      Last edited by hldn; 10-26-2011, 02:33 AM.

Comment

Sounds like RMA time, can contact them at rma@gskillusa.com....info on RMAs can be found at

http://www.gskill.com/rma.php

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X