F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (4Gx2) + Maximus IV Extreme Z

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (4Gx2) + Maximus IV Extreme Z

i7 2600K CPU. Asus Maximus Extreme IV Z motherboard, Ripjaw Gskill F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (4Gx2)

By default this ram is running at 11-11-11-28 1.65v set by the MB. When I use the XMP settng in bios it uses the correct timings for the memory 9-9-9-24 1.5v but OC's my PC from 3.4ghz-3.8ghz and I have some slight explorer.exe freezes no reboots. I can even use taskbar to stop explorer and the desktop comes back to normal so not even a log off.

How can I stabilize this and what are the manual settings for this board using this Gskill ram.

My CPU is i7 2600K

This is my first Gskill memory. No-one responded to my post 2 days ago. I also send email no reponse. Corsair forums always gave quick responses but here nothing for days. I really don't know where else to go.

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, if problems persist, try raising the DRAM voltage .05

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Do you mean from 1.5 to 1.2?

Thanks I have to install the latest bios also.

Comment

Install the latest BIOS....Done? As mentioned above if problems persist raise the DRAM voltage + .05 ---not sure wher you came up with 1.2-------but rhese are 1.5 sticks , so plus .05 would be to 1.55

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sorry about that I'm new to all this yes 1.55

Comment

Ok. I updated to the latest bios 706 and applied XMP now I'm running at 3.8ghz 9-9-9-24 1.5v which is sweet!

In bios all memory settings are on auto and I can't change anything. Is there somewhere to turn on manual ram settings? Only had this mb for a few days so I haven't got a clue.

At least I got my bios updated thanks to your advice. The new bios update might correct the issue. Should I wait a couple of days and if no crashes then not apply the extra voltage or apply it now?

Comment

Actually I just checked dram voltage is 1.495 stable

Comment

I know this sounds silly but how do I turn off auto ram settings in bios? Maybe I'm missing something small here but when I click on auto in bios no option is offered for manual. Am I looking in the right place?

I just updated my bios and want to increase ram voltage to 1.55 as advised above but all ram settings are on 'auto' and I haven't yet discovered where I turn auto off. I've only had the board a few days.

Comment

ok I figured it out.

Comment

Working...
                  X