X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill ECO and AMD problem

Hello everyone!

My system:
    GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H (rev. 2.1, all default except of what listed below, BIOS updated).
    AMD Phenom II X4 955 C3 stepping, not a BE one I think.
    G.Skill ECO F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO
    Windows 7 64 Bit

I understood my memory modules are designed for Intel P55 chipset. Still, I want them to operate at 1600MHz and CL 7-8-7-24 as they should. at 1.35Volts it was not possible, not even at 1.5Volts. I saw in the forum that there are recommended BIOS settings for cases like mine. I set my memories to 1333Mhz and the timings to 8-8-8-24 as listed and it works for now. I dont have a good enough cooler for overclocking my CPU, and I cant set the NB freq. to 2400 without overclocking the CPU. So I thought, if I will set the FSB to 240, the multiplier to 14, the timings to 7-8-7-24, and the DRAM Voltage to 1.5, my system should be stable (NB freq. will be 2400 and 1.3V)? If it is not, what do I do?

Thank you very much for your help!
    Last edited by notavailable; 10-24-2011, 11:41 AM.

To run these at 1600, especially at CL7, your going to need a stronger CPU, can prob run 1333 at 7-7-7-22 or so (possibly tighter, but I'd start there) , 1.5 and 2N

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I think about overclocking, maybe I will do that and the settings as listed in the sticky thread.
      Oh and one more thing: When I set the timings to 7-7-7-24 how do I check stability of my system?
      Last edited by notavailable; 10-24-2011, 09:36 PM.

Comment

Anyone help please? I edited my posts.

Comment

Prime 95 is one of the better stress testing programs for stability

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X