No announcement yet.

Is DDR3-1333 with OC sandybridge OK ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DDR3-1333 with OC sandybridge OK ??

Hi guys,

I'm upgrading to an i5 sandy bridge with an Asus P8Z68-v Pro mobo.

I have an extra 4gb DDR3-1333 kit (F3-10666CL7D) which I would like to use with the above.

Considering I will be overclocking the 2500k CPU, would this kit works OK or I risk running into some troubles?

On the GSKILL product page for this RAM kit, I saw the P8Z68v-Pro in the qualified mobo list, but I also read on different forums that 1333 ram could prevent a stable sandybridge overclock, any thought on that?

Thanks for helping guys!

Cheers!

iam

Should be no problem, though not sure of the exact set you have, 1333/CL7 will prob OC to 1600 if you wanted (or higher), regardless the CPU is rated at 1333, though it will run most anything

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Should be no problem, though not sure of the exact set you have, 1333/CL7 will prob OC to 1600 if you wanted (or higher), regardless the CPU is rated at 1333, though it will run most anything

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your input. This is exactly what I have:

http://www.gskill.com/products.php?index=223

I'm not looking th OC the ram though, only the CPU.

I'm currently running it @1333 1.5v 7-7-7-21 1T with an Asus M4A89GTD USB3/Pro + Phenom 2 X4 OC@3.8 1.39v.

Comment

As long as you get the K series CPU, the CPU Ratio will be unlocked, so it doesn't matter what memory you have, the settings are independent. You can overclock the CPU by simply raising CPU Ratio and CPU VCore to stabilize the frequency.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks to the both of you for your feedback!

It will be a "K" indeed.

Cheers!

Comment

Only way to go, let us know how you like them.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X