Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building a new system and need advice

Hi Everyone,

I am wanting to build a system based on the ASUS E45M1-M Pro motherboard (http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/AMD...rd/E45M1M_PRO/). According to the memory specifications for the motherboard the board supports the following:
    2 x DIMM, Max. 8GB, DDR3 1600(O.C.)/1333/1066 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory
    Single Channel Memory Architecture

When I check the vendors list this board is lined to the list doesnt really make any sense as it has lists for memory configurations that could not possibly fit this board (such as six memory stick configs for 12 gig etc...).

What I would like to know is what are my available options for fitting the board with 8Gig of RAM? Can this be done with DDR3 1600?

It has been so long since I built a system that I am finding myself a little lost with all the options available and any help that can be brought to bear on this would be most appreciated.

Kind Regards

The Frog

ASUS 'tests' their mobos with whatever is available, DRAM wise, so if a 4 or 6 stick set is available they pop in (in this case) 2 sticks of the set. If going for 8GB, think I'd go on the safe side and prob try a set of 1333 sticks in 1.5 volt

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

These are what I can see as options so far.....

DDR 1600 : F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL
      DDR 1333 : F3-10666CL7D-8GBRH

There is nothing listed at 1066 from G.Skill in the Asus approved vendor list. Both of the ones listed above seem to operate at 1.5 volt, with the 1333 having a lower latency, but then 1600 should probably be faster right? Is it even going to make a hoot of difference? My primary concern is to have the machine stable and that is all. I dont want to have to play with the settinsg 'too much' - that is to say I have no intention of performing massive overclocking on this machine. Faster ram would be nice if the machine can handle it without too much hassle. Would either of the kits listed above do the job? I am thinking the second one based on what you have said.

Cheers

The Frog

Comment

Actually the 1333 @ CL7 prob out perform the 1600 @ CL9.......Normally 1333 at CL8 ir roughly equivalent to 1600 @ CL9, so the 7 may give it an edge, performance wise, might even be able to run the 1333/7 sticks at 1600/8

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thats what I was looking to know

Thankyou very much Tman, thats great info and exactly what I needed to know. I really appreciate the help and guidance. Time to go and order me a new toy to play with.......

Many, many thanks

The Frog

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Tman

Comment

One happy camper

Hi again,

Thankyou for the great advice. The new pc I built is flying along very nicely and is rock stable. That memory kit (1333 @ CL7) works perfectly and is a perfect companion for the motherboard. Extremely cost effective too!

Cheers ant thanks

The Frog

Comment

Great, glad to hear it, will e-mail you a bill............just kidding, have a gud 1!

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X