Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD7-B3 / Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL

Howdy,

I recently purchased a new Gigabyte MB (GA-Z68X-UD7-B3) with the 16gb gskill 17000 memory kit (Model F3-17000CL11Q-16GBXL) and I can't seem to get the memory to run solid in the system @ 2133.

I have done what I have read in the forum ( enable XMP select the 2133 freq ) and it will run for a while in this state, but always eventually blue screens in windows.

I set everything to auto and the ram gets set to 1600 and the machine will run solid for days without blue screen.

I paid some extra $$ to get this speedier figuring I would not have to go through this as it is 'guaranteed to work'. I have not run memtest or anything against the ram as it seems fine at lower speeds.

Any suggestions on how I might get this ram working as advertised?

Thanks!

First do you have the latest BIOS? If so, next I would suggest increasing the VCCIO (Memory controller) voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yes, latest bios / not beta

I installed the latest bios before OS installation.

How much would you suggest I try increasing VCCIO

Something I have noticed with this board is when I turn on XMP, the multiplier on the CPU wants tp jump from x34 to x38.

Trying to keep that @ standard clock settings while getting the ram to work to be sure it's not the CPU causing blue screens.

Comment

+0.05V should be enough.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

tried...

I tried that after scouring the forum here some more last night.

Woke up to a blue screen again.

The packaging also says something about it using 1.6 volts and it is running at 1.5, but I don't see a way to change that on this board. Perhaps I haven't dug deep enough, I can see ram voltage setting at 1.5 but no way to effect it.

Any other suggestions?

Comment

This is a 1.6 volt set, so am guessing they are in on Auto or manually, have you tried XMP and selected the profile you want

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I think there are issues with this board - issues that I have had that are quite clearly not the issue with the RAM.

Anyway, bump up your QPI/VTT voltage to 1.16 or 1.18 if you haven't already and see if that gives you some stability

Comment

still no luck with the ram

I have tested a couple different configurations, applying different voltages, etc, and still cannot get the ram to stabilize @ 2133

So I finally set ram settings to default, ran it @ 1600, and OC'ed the CPU to 4.2ghz. The machine ran like a clock, and was burning through prime95 and Ceti @ home without issue.

I am certain at this point it is not the processor causing the issue, and is in fact the RAM.

I paid an extra $70 for this set of RAM to run @ 2133, and it should not be this difficult. I hear a lot of blame on the board, but both the board has been certified with this ram, and the ram certified with the board.

Where do I go from here?!

Comment

It is a known issue with the XMP profiling of this board.

I had the G-Skill techs try the same RAM as me in this board and they had the same results:

Hi ~LL~

sorry!!!
                  i just test it and have same result as yours, confirm with G.SKILL headquarter and they said already report this problem to Gigabyte long times ago and still waiting for
                  the BIOS renew!

The latest BIOS for this board is F9 so you could try it for a fix. It didn't fix my issue.

http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...-ud7-b3_f9.exe

Comment

Working...
                  X