New build with MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New build with MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)

Hi -- I'm just starting a new build -- parts all came today -- I have an MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) board, and 2 sets of F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL ram. A couple of questions before I get too far into it:

1. Is this ram compatible with this board? It was on the approved memory list for this board on the MSI website, bur according to some at the MSI forums, there have been some problems. I saw the sticky here about the general compatibility with the MSI Z68 series, but want to confirm before I go ahead and open the package(s).

2. If the above answer is yes, what are my chances that both 2x4gb sets will work together?. I notice that the numbers on the stickers under the bar code are perfectly sequential for all 4 sticks, if that makes any difference. I didn't realize until after the ram had shipped that it should have been a 16gb set instead id 2-8gb sets.

Thanks...

I would think they'll work fine (especially if sequential serial #s, that should put the sets in the same production lot), plus the sticks are 1333, there generally are more likely to be problems from 1600 on up. With two sets you'll want the latest BIOS for your mobo, and will want to load the settings manually. If problems do pop up they can generally be taken care of with slight additions to DRAM Voltage and/or VCCIO (MC) Voltage

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Got everything assembled -- the ram works great -- all 16 gigs! Here are the specs:

MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3)
      i7 2600K w/Xigmatek Loki cooler
      4 sticks of 4gb G Skill F3-10666CL9D (16gb)
      Crucial M4 128gb SSD
      WD Black SATA III 1tb HDD
      Asus (Lite-on) DVD drive
      ECS GTX 560 1gb
      Creative SB X-Fi Titanium HD sound card
      Seasonic X-650 Gold (SS-650KM) PSU
      Coolermaster 692 advanced case
      HP ZR24w monitor

Comment

Looks sweet, have fun!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X