Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD + F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL = Slow Read/Write Bandwith?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD + F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL = Slow Read/Write Bandwith?

Model of the motherboard: Gigabyte GA-990XA-UD3
    Model of the memory: F3-12800CL9D-8GBXL
    Model of the CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 620

Problem: The results from my "MaxxMEM" benchmarks are much lower than a friends results with the exact same ram + an intel i5 2500k cpu. (My read is 9gb/sec, his read is 18mb/sec) (my write is 7.8gb/sec, his write is 16gb/sec).

My results:

(I will up upload a screenshot of his results ASAP)

My ram is set to 1333mhz Dual Channel Ungaged Mode, but i overclocked the FSB to 240mhz which upped the ram back to 1600mhz. I also locked the ram timings to 9-9-9-24.

Does anyone have any clue as-to why I'm getting such poor results?

Thanks

In part, AMD CPU's in general have weak MCs (memory controllers), could try upping the DRAM voltage and/or the CPU/NB to boost performance, but don't think you'll get the AMD to match the performance of the Intel

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

As far as memory performance, Intel has always been far greater. AMD concentrates on CPU processing power (good for gaming), but Intel does everything. It is a big part in why AMD is always so much more affordable. But in the professional world of video editing, rendering, and such where MEMORY is just as important as the CPU (if not more), no one uses AMD.

So,.. unfortunately, your friend got you there.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X