• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer not booting with new ram installed

Model of the motherboard: asus m4a785td-v evo
    Model of the memory: f3-10666cl9d-8gbrl
    Model of the CPU: amd phenom x4 970

computer starts up, but just boots to a blank screen, tried swapping dimm slots, same thing, cant get to bios, put my corsairs back in and it works fine.

Might try resetting CMOS, then try to boot into BIOS with a single stick.....also ensure you have the latest BIOS and give a try......

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
      Might try resetting CMOS, then try to boot into BIOS with a single stick.....also ensure you have the latest BIOS and give a try......
      not too good with bios settings as i generally keep everything stock speeds and such, how exactly would i reset the cmos?

Comment

updated to the latest bios and it booted it up fine, thanks for the help, so far no blue screens on web browsing/desktop idle, gonna try some gaming if rage will stop crashing ><

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

played rage last night no blue screens or crashes other than ati compatibility issues which had a hotfix. also mass effect and war for cybertron work great as well, so far so good

Comment

Older BIOS verisons did not support 4GB modules

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH

Comment

had a blue screen while attempting to run avira free scanner. first one ive encountered, none during gaming or idle, though.

Comment

May want to add +.05 or so to the CPU/NB 4GB sticks put more stress on the MC

Tman

Comment

ill give it another shot pre changes later and post back tomorrow, thanks!

Comment

No problem, will be looking

Tman

Comment

Working...
                      X