PI DDR3 1600 Combatability

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PI DDR3 1600 Combatability

I have this kit from Mushkin: (http://www.mushkin.com/Memory/Ridgeback/996826.aspx) and I'm looking to upgrade to 8GB so I want to buy this kit: (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231351). Can anyone tell me if the two kits will work together?
    Thanks.

It's possible, but I wouldn't count on it. Best bet would be to go with a pair of 2x4GB sticks to hit 8GB...next best to try would be another pair of the same Mushkin sticks (and no guarantee there), a second set of Mushkin would probably be from a different production lot and tolerances may differ, plus depending on the mobo and CPU, filling four slots adds to the stress on the MC (Memory Controller) calling for large changes to timings and voltages

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Ok, thanks for your help.

Comment

No problem, let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I mostly game on my pc so I'm only worried about game load times and system boot times. How much does latency really matter vs quantity of ram if I'm looking for quick load times? For instance maybe 6-8-6-24 (2x2GB) vs. 9-9-9-24 (2x4GB) ?
          I'm on P55 with a i5 750, btw.

Thanks.
          Last edited by 50calbsr; 10-03-2011, 07:35 PM.

Comment

The difference between CL6 and CL9 is pretty good, but the freq (speed of the DRAM plays in also, i.e 1600 at CL9, performance wise is very close to 1333 sticks at a loose CL7 or tight CL8

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X