• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS M4A78LT-M & F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR not working

Model of the motherboard:ASUS M4A78LT-M
    Model of the memory:F3-10666CL9D-8GBSR
    Model of the CPU:AMD Phenom II X2 555 Black Edition
    windows xp 64

Initially I thought everything was working and then my computer would freeze up.
    I have followed the recommendations here: http://gskill.us/forum/showthread.php?t=7688
    without success.

I tried changing my timing to 8-8-8-24 with the memory voltage at 1.5v ... this looked like it was working, but then when I tried to open up an adobe program (e.g., photoshop, illustrator) I would get the blue screen again.

Each stick works individually (i.e., without any other RAM in place)
    I have 2x2gb sticks I am upgrading from that work fine by themselves.

Any suggestions would be helpful. Am I missing something?
    Thanks.

Do you have the latest BIOS? If not may want to start there, else try raising the CPU/NB voltage .05. Could also try raising the DRAM voltage .02 or .03 (not all mobo feed the proper voltages)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I checked and do have the latest BIOS

My Bios Settings are as follows
      Memory clock value 667Mhz
      both:tcl-9 , trcd-9, trp-9, tras-24
      Dram Voltage 1.53
      VDDNB voltage 1.20

This is what happens.
      Everything is looking good...photoshop will open... without difficulty It is even usable.
      I close photoshop and try to open illustrator. It looks like every thing is going to be alright and then...blue screen

I restart the machine and before I can even access anything I get a blue screen....

Could the memory be bad? Other suggestions?

Comment

You can check the sticks first, Try running Memtest on each stick individually, if they test as OK, would suggest uninstalling then reinstalling Illustrator, the install or corresponding registry entries may be corrupt (or possibly the Win installation) and let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X