Gigabyte 970 gskill 1866 14900CL9D blue screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte 970 gskill 1866 14900CL9D blue screen

Hi all. Recently upgraded my system and am pretty new to setting ram bios etc. I generally can figure out things on my own (using Google) but am having some problems. I'm pretty sure I've set the timing, nb, etc correctly, from reading threads on this forum. I'm getting a blue screen error (memory management I think) shortly after I set to 1866. No issues if set to default 1600. I'm running the current bios. Not sure where to go from here. Hope I'm being descriptive enough. Happy to answer any other questions. Thanks in advance for any help!
    Amd 1090t x6
    GIGABYTE 970A
    Gskill 14900CL9D 1866 sniper 2x4 gb
    550 watt power supply
    Win 7 home
    His 6790 IceQ video

Should work, may have to raise the CPU/NB a little .05 or so, if that doesn't help could you post your BIOS settings to see if it's se up properly for 1866 since it requires an OC

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thx I'll check that out when I get home from work and will post bios settings. I appreciate any help you can give me. Another couple of things that I thought of.. Not sure if you're familiar with Gigabyte but there's a program called easy tune. You can see / change memory and cpu speeds in windows. I haven't changed anything with that but now whenever I select the memory tab in that program it, it force closes. The other thing is that in bios, when I select the built in ddr memory overclock and set it to 1866, the voltage settings flash "voltage not optimized". It prompts me to select auto. I haven't set them manually yet because there's a lot more voltage parameters than just ram voltage. Should I manually select 1.5v and just leave the others where they are? Btw I also ran win 7 memory test and it came back fine. Sorry for writing such a long msg, just trying to be thorough Thanks again, Dan

Comment

I've used Easy Tune as a sort of testing platform to try settings, but then generally fine tune it in the BIOS, a problem you can run into is ET is sort of generic and not tuned to the individual BIOS so how voltages. etc get set may not be true voltages.

What you can do is check what the voltages show as, then select AUTO and see what changes it makes as to voltage, the use that as a base to work from. In auto it may adjust DRAM, vCore and NB voltages....sort of guessing here from other systems but I'd say 1.55 for DRAM, vCore about 1.33 (at 1600 FSB) and 1.3 NB (maybe a little higher)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I got a problem and almost the same system running (see signature). I need memory with the highest clocks (MHz) I can set on my MB. I have the same MB as Furious D. I don't know what for memory I have to buy from G.Skill. I want to be sure that it works. Is there somewhere a list I can get from where it is noticed what for memory is compatible with my MB? I'd be glad if you help me out pls. Thanks in advance!
          Last edited by szily; 06-22-2012, 06:52 PM.
          AMD 1090T CPU (+Thermaltake A80 BigWater)
          GA-970-UD3
          4x4GB Kingston ValueRAM 1333MHz (<<<< need definitely G.Skill 1866 MHz or higher!!!)
          HIS Radeon HD 7850 IceQ X Turbo
          Thermaltake 550W
          Samsung SSD 470
          Samsung HDD 1TB
          CoolerMaster HAF 922

Comment

This is what GSkill shows in their DRAM Configurator for the 970A-UD3

http://www.gskill.com/configurator2....d=2&model=1503

but with your combo would guess you should be able to hit 16GB of 1866, think 2133 might be iffy. Think I'd look at F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL, F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL, or F3-1866C9Q-16GAB, there's also a set of Ripjaws Z - F3-14900CL8Q-16GBZM, which is a CL8 set and may be too tight for your combo. If you were to try a 2133 set, I'd go with the Snipers, F3-17000CL9Q-16GBSR, a CL9 set, which is extremely versatile (the Snipers are my favorite sticks, work with most anything and OC and Underclock well also

Tman

Comment

Thank you for your help! Finally I know what for memory I have to buy.

I have one more question: What is the difference between this three memory types?
              F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL
              F3-14900CL9Q-16GBZL
              F3-1866C9Q-16GAB

Are the ARES (F3-1866C9Q-16GAB) faster than the other two? (I mean read/write/copy)
              GA-970-UD3
              4x4GB Kingston ValueRAM 1333MHz (<<<< need definitely G.Skill 1866 MHz or higher!!!)
              Thermaltake 550W
              Samsung SSD 470
              Samsung HDD 1TB
              CoolerMaster HAF 922

Comment

All are pretty much the same 1866/CL9 sets, none would be faster than the others that you'd ever see.

Tman

Comment

Ok, thanks a lot. I think I'll buy the F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL cos of the cheapest price

Once again, thank you!
                  GA-970-UD3
                  Thermaltake 550W
                  Samsung SSD 470
                  Samsung HDD 1TB
                  CoolerMaster HAF 922

Comment

No problem, think you'll be happy with the set, have used a ton of the Ripjaws X sets w/ no problems

Tman

Comment

I'm sure I'll be happy. With the ValueRAM of Kingston read/write/copy as follows:

Read: 8445,00 MB/s
                      Write: 6793,00 MB/s
                      Copy: 10965,00 MB/s

and this is to low. I'd like to see about:

Read: 18445,00 MB/s
                      Write: 16793,00 MB/s
                      Copy: 20965,00 MB/s
                      (not exactly of course )
                      cos I know that it works with this kind of memory 1866MHz CL9-10-9-28 and my system.
                      GA-970-UD3
                      Thermaltake 550W
                      Samsung SSD 470
                      Samsung HDD 1TB
                      CoolerMaster HAF 922

Comment

Think you'll be pleased

Tman

Comment

Working...
                        X