Question G.Skill Sniper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question G.Skill Sniper

I have 8g ram and planning to use ramdisk i plan to put 1024mb ramdisk and put firefox profiles, cache & 512mb pagefile on it.

1. Will Ramdisk damage my G.Skill Sniper?
    2. How much pagefile should i put to maximize my computer speed?

Thanks in Advance!!

Using a RAMDisk won't bother the actual DRAM at all, keep it mind however that it will slow start up and shutdown - when you shutdown the data in the RAMDisk is written to harddisk, then when you start up the previous info is written to the RAMDisk as startup progresses

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I dont put check at save at shutdown thing is that alright? so it will only load my save data at startup but dont save at shutdown
      will pagefile be alright without saving it every shutdown?
      Last edited by xSephirothGx; 09-25-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

It'll be fine, if you don't save at shutdown on the RAMDisk then you'll basically lose all the data in the RAMDisk so each time you start, nothing is cached in there, you'll be starting afresh

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

yap thats my plan, i just "Save Disk Image Now" on RamDisk with firefox profile & cache of some website that i always use & put 300mb pagefile on it but i wont use "Save Before Shutdown" so no change will be put on may config i tried it and works great no need to worry about writes on my ssd phoenix pro xD

Thanks sir Tradesman

Comment

Can also look to your browser, MS apps, and other programs that use TEMP files and reassign them to the RAMDrive also. Might also redirect file downloads to the RAMDrive or the data drive.Ight redirect downloads

Tman

Comment

Thanks for the tips sir Tradesman

Comment

No problem, let us know how it all goes

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X