F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL (x4) + ASUS Rampage Extreme

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL (x4) + ASUS Rampage Extreme

Need settings to get these sticks running in 1600.

Thx in advance.

F3-12800CL9Q-16GBRL (x4) + ASUS Rampage Extreme

Which Rampage Extreme (they have Socket 775, 1366, etc) or what CPU are you running?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

775 lga / Intel Core2 Quad CPU

http://valid.canardpc.com/show_oc.php?id=2015356

Comment

First believe the 775 Rampage Extreme had an 8GB limit on DDR3, which was 4x2GB, it ran the X48 chipset which took the MC (North Bridge) almost exact from the X38......let me check if I've got anything on it

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Couldn't find anything where they upped the max RAM.

Tman

Comment

I've had no issues in bios or win7x64 recognizing or utilizing the amount of RAM on the board properly. I have just never been able to get it to post with the RAM operating with a FSB of 800Mhz.

Comment

Assuming you mean frequency of 800 for the DRAM, the FSB is a default of 1333 and can run 1600 as an OC....if it sees the 16GB would say you'll need more NB voltage, prob need the DRAM about 1.55 to 1.6 and depending on your CPU may need to raise the vCore (there's a number of socket 775 Quad cores)

Tman

Comment

I haven't raised the voltage that high yet due to inexperienced apprehension. Never got too far into overclocking. I'll give that a shot and see if it posts.

Comment

What CPU do you have? 6600, 8400, 9550, 9650, .....?

Tman

Comment

I played with the voltage a bit last night and got it to post a few times. Windows pooped all over itself after that so I did a recovery and went to bed.

Comment

If DRAM at 1.6 try raising NB a bit more, are you running 1333 or 1600 on the FSB?

Tman

Comment

When I run all my bios settings at default (1333), I have no stability issues. When I bump the RAM up to 1600 it won't post until I up the voltage to 1.6. I'll try upping the NB a bit as well. I haven't touched it as I don't know what it does (I'm assuming it ups the voltage for the North Bridge).

Comment

It ups the voltage to the NB as you guessed which is for the MC (Memory Controller) among other things

Tman

Comment

I upped the mV to the North bridge by +50mV (not sure if I should be going higher) while having DRAM voltage set to 1.6V. Everything seems to Post, but windows still likes to die in a fire giving me either a Bluescreen or a message about a checksum for a file failing.

I've tried running the RAM in auto settings and manual settings:

CAS# Latency - 9
                            RAS# to CAS# - 9
                            RAS# Pre - 9
                            tRAS - 25
                            tRC - 38 (Bios doesn't have an option for 40, apparently)
                            Command Rate - 2N (Which I can only assume is the same as 2T because that's what's in BIOS under Command Rate)

Is there something possibly wrong with my manual settings?

Comment

Maybe GSkill will have some info on hand later today, I'm sort of at a loss on this one.

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X