F#-12800cl9t-12gbrl +ga-x58a-ud3r

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F#-12800cl9t-12gbrl +ga-x58a-ud3r

I just recently purchased the above mentioned GSkill Memory. When I installed it in my system, I started having boot up problems. The system would give me a message saying my overclock failed and has been put back to bios defaults. Also 2 lights on the motherboard come on, one is lit green while the other is yellow which seem to indicate a CPU overclock.
    I set the memory to the XMP profile which was 1600MHZ and 9-9-9-24. Nothing is overclocked in my system. I have tried to manually set the setting, also bumping ram voltage with no success. I also have run Prime 95 and Windows Memtest basic with no problems.

I previously was using 6GB of Corsair XMS3 memory with the XMP profile set to 1600 MHZ, and the timings of 9-9-9-24 without issue.

Do you have the latest BIOS? Can be found here:

http://www.gigabyte.us/products/prod...?pid=3449#bios

They've had some DRAM problems they are still working on...could try a CMOS reset before installing the sticks, another possible would be to raise the QPI/VTT voltage a bit, maybe .05 to start

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
    X