Max bandwidth PC3-12800 (800 MHz)
    Part number F3-12800CL9-4GBXL
    2x4gb
    Is the new ram that I brought.

Old ram
    2x2gb

Max bandwidth PC3-10700 (667 MHz)
    Part number F3-12800CL9-2GBNQ
    Currently running 12gb at 7-7-7-24 1333mhz. Since 1600mhz was not stable at all.
    I'm wondering if my old ram that suppose to be 1600mhz somehow it's running at 1333mhz which does not make sense. Unless I brought defective ram that I didn't know about.

No, the "Max Bandwidth" is the highest the modules can default to with AUTO settings. New generation DDR3 modules are now able to default to DDR3-1600, which is why you see the difference. Either way, it doesn't matter, you need manual settings for this set up. Manually input the DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS.

Also, let us know which motherboard and CPU you have so we can get a better idea and be more specific.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Oh right I forgot to include those

CPU: AMD Phenom II 955 3.2ghz
      MOBO: Asus M4A79XTD Evo

I have already done that. Changing DRAM frequency, timings, and voltage in BIOS but it still comes up at 667mhz and is unstable when I set DRAM to 1600mhz. But runs fine so far on 7-7-7-24 1333mhz.
      With CPU-Z it shows my timing tables are different but I don't know how to fix them.

Comment

I attempt different methods and still my 4gb ram which I got in March is running PC3-10070 667mhz even though the max bandwidth is suppose to be PC3-12800 800mhz from what the sticker on the ram and the orginial box says it's suppose to. Does this have another to do with my CPU or is it MOBO or Ram?

Comment

You should look in the memory tab, not SPD tab. The memory tab information is what the memory/system is actually operating at. Once you input the 1600 settings in BIOS, DRAM Frequency should be ~800MHz.

Those are some great timings at DDR3-1333 though, must be a good kit if that works, so must be some incorrect settings @ 1600. Do you have the latest BIOS? Try Method #2.

Thank you
          GSKILL TECH

Comment

So far it looks good at 7-7-7-24 1333mhz and I'll going to benchmark and let it run for a couple of days and see if I get any BSOD. I was thinking of selling my old ones and buy another pair of 8gbs xD.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

So far after benchmark and testing it's seems fine and no errors. Running 12gb at 7-7-7-24 1.5V 1333mhz sounds really good I think I'll keep it like this for now. If there is problems I'll post so far so good

Comment

Glad to hear it, have a good weekend!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X