F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM Issue

Hi, I was having an issue and was hoping you may be able to help.

I recently put together a new system (specs are below) including 8gb of G.Skill DDR3-1600 ram. The specs for the ram are 800MHz, 8-8-8-24 timings, and 1.5v. However, with these settings (either set up in the BIOS manually or using the XMP feature), the computer doesn't post. Using my motherboard's "Ram OK!" feature, the motherboard can automatically determine a stable setting for the ram that will allow it to post. Through this technique, it assigned a setting of 666MHz, timings of 9-9-9-24, and 1.6v. I have also been having graphic-related issues which may or may not be related to the ram issue.

The G.Skill website indicates that this ram is compatible with the Asus P8P67 motherboard. Do you know why the standard settings would not be working properly?

Specs:

CPU: Intel i5 2500K (3.30GHz, 6MB cache)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8P67 (just the standard version, not the pro/evo/deluxe/etc.)
    Graphics: EVGA Nvidia GTX 460 SE 1GB (Superclocked version)
    Ram: G.SKILL Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz 8GB (2x4GB) (8-8-8-24 timings)
    Hard Drive: Seagate Barracuda 7200 1TB SATA
    PSU: OCZ GSX 600W , 18A per +12v rail (from existing system)
    DVD: Samsung 22x SATA

Thanks for your help!

First, ensure you have the latest BIOS, 1850, can be found here

http://usa.asus.com/Motherboards/Int...8P67/#download

then enable XMP and select the 1600 profile, and should be good to go

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Hi Tradesman, thanks for your response.

Just to confirm, I do have BIOS version 1850 (x64) currently installed. When I enable the XMP profile in BIOS and then reboot, the computer doesn't post. Any additional advice or information that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Comment

Try one module at a time to see if one performs differently than the other.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Hi again,

I tried one module at a time in the "A2" dimm slot and still had the same problem. According to the Asus documentation, the A2 slot should be used when using a single dimm, and the A2/B2 slots should be used when using two dimms. However, I tried swapping the single dimm into the B2 slot and it seems to post and boot at the proper specs (using the XMP profile). I tested both dimms and both seemed to work fine in B2, but not at all in A2.

Based on this information, would you agree that this most likely indicates a physical problem with the motherboard?

Thanks again for your help.

Comment

Definitely sounds like it, might drop ASUS a line

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
            X