Problem with F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR and Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD7-B3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try the QPI/VTT at 1.22 for a look see

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

No luck at 1.22, 1.24 or 1.26 I'll do some more testing today with different settings.

It would be nice to find another user with the same motherboard ram and cpu as I have just for comparison.

Comment

Well, let us know, I'll drop a line to a couple folks who also do a lot of builds and see if any have used the same mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
          Well, let us know, I'll drop a line to a couple folks who also do a lot of builds and see if any have used the same mobo
          That'd be great. I'm more than comfortable to carry on with this RAM to see if I can iron out the issue. I'd even be happy to send it to GIGABYTE to test in the board themselves.

Anyway, I appreciate the help, and if our success can help others then all well and good.

Comment

Sounds good, I'll let you know what I find

Tman

Comment

So I got a response back from Gigabyte - and of course as luck would have it - the RAM I purchased is NOT on the QVL. I could have sworn it was on their list. Initially I was looking at a different module and wonder whether I got them confused with being on the list.

So I wonder why it is on G-Skills list if it's not suitable?

I suppose I'll just have to bundle it up and on sell it at a loss. Bugger! Can G-Skill help me out with a new purchase or do I have to buy off a retailer?

Another interesting thing is both of these recommended sets aren't on their list either:

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
              Oh yea, so it does seem like the SPD/XMP on the modules are just fine.

Send them in for RMA and use the RipJaws X series kits. They are designed specifically for your motherboard.

F3-12800CL7D-8GBXH

Or get a 16GB kit like this:

F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

This kit is a steal for the price, only $30 more, unbelievable.

Thank you
              GSKILL TECH
              So, if I get one of these sets how can I guarantee that they will work?

Now I am totally confused!

I suppose if anything, based on their theory I should be going for the F3-14900CL9Q-16GBXL

This is Gigabytes response:

Thank you for your kindly mail. First of all, we do not find "F3-12800CL7D-8GBSR" in memory support list. Although there is similar one; please note it can still difference to the result of running. Since without XMP, the motherboard works fine, it seems motherboard itself is fine; we suggest you to use 1.5V JEDEC regulated modules or take your own risk to add voltage to support 1.6V modules.

Since it is easy to find memory compatiblity issue, and there are too many products in the market that we are not able to test all of them, we suggest you to refer to our memory support list or if you worry about hardware compatibility issue, we will suggest you to test before purchasing. If that is not possible, please then find a local store you can trust where can provide good after sale service to make sure you can get full support in the future.
              Last edited by ~LL~; 09-26-2011, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Motherboard manufacturers only care about what is on their list. Nothing else. Being a memory manufacturer, G.Skill tests the modules to make sure they are compatible with most motherboards, as that would be in our best of interest. Memory does not have to be in motherboard manufacturer's list to be compatible, in fact, most available kits that are designed for the motherboard are not on the list.

The kits I recommended have obviously been tested and guaranteed to work on our end. If your memory is not working properly, request RMA replacements, or try another model kit.
                Two kits are not guaranteed to work together, so if you want to avoid any possible problems, it is best to purchase a 16GB kit rather than two 8GB kits.

Contact the RMA dept. and they can arrange it for you and provide further details to take care of this problem.

Thank you
                GSKILL TECH

Comment

Motherboard manufacturers only care about what is on their list. Nothing else. Being a memory manufacturer, G.Skill tests the modules to make sure they are compatible with most motherboards, as that would be in our best of interest. Memory does not have to be in motherboard manufacturer's list to be compatible, in fact, most available kits that are designed for the motherboard are not on the list.

The kits I recommended have obviously been tested and guaranteed to work on our end. If your memory is not working properly, request RMA replacements, or try another model kit.
                  Two kits are not guaranteed to work together, so if you want to avoid any possible problems, it is best to purchase a 16GB kit rather than two 8GB kits.

Contact the RMA dept. and they can arrange it for you and provide further details to take care of this problem.

Thank you
                  GSKILL TECH
                  Cheers for that - I'll contact them and see where to from here. I appreciate the help.

Comment

Let us know how things turn out

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
                      Let us know how things turn out
                      Well it will be interesting to see how it turns out as G-Skill RMA dept did was supply me with an RMA number, no answer to any of my questions. So I am unsure if I send these back whether I will get identical pairs sent back, the 16GB kit or the originals back with added costs if nothing is wrong with them.

It's almost like a lucky dip in slow motion!

Here's their response:

Dear Sir/madam,
                      Your RMA request is registered in our system. And your RMA# is ER211925.
                      Please return your memory/SSD and your RMA form printed to our RMA department in Taiwan.

Comment

You'll get two new kits of the same model number. Email them again and tell them you will use them in the same system, so hopefully they can make sure the modules match.

Thank you
                        GSKILL TECH

Comment

You'll get two new kits of the same model number. Email them again and tell them you will use them in the same system, so hopefully they can make sure the modules match.

Thank you
                          GSKILL TECH
                          Yeah I will, no point in spending $50 to send in if I am going to be sent the same problem. It may be better, and cheaper for me in the long run to on-sell the existing RAM as two individual kits and buying a 16GB kit in replacement. (The only issue I have with that is if the modules are in fact faulty)

Comment

This is a popular performance kit, so you should have no problem selling it.

Thank you
                            GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                            X