Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 and Ripjaws 17000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 and Ripjaws 17000

New computer build using Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3 (BIOS F6), i7 2600k, and 16 GB Ripjaws X DDR3 2133(F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL x 2) memory. The memory defaults at 1600, and the system is stable at that speed. Using XMP to bring it up to 2133, the system hangs at boot. When the BIOS recovers, it mentions something about instability and the memory is clocked back to 1600. Nothing else is overclocked. This motherboard is supposed to support memory up to 2133. Does something else need to be changed in the BIOS to make this work, or is there something wrong?

You must use manual settings. XMP is only for a single kit, so if you are installing two, you need to manually configure EFI.

So do that, if slightly unstable, you may need to raise VCCIO Voltage slightly to stabilize full slots.

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

...you may need to raise VCCIO Voltage slightly...

How much is slightly?

Comment

Try .02 and can progress upward by .02 at a time....once stable can always try dropping .01 to see if stability stays locked in

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks! Now running stable with QPI/Vtt @ 1.140V.

Comment

Oops...maybe not yet. It was stable most of the day, though. I'll go up to 1.160V and see what happens.

Comment

you install the memory modules in Dimm3_1 and DIMM3_3 ?

Comment

I've got memory in all four slots (4GB x 4).

I'm not sure how high I should be setting the QPI/Vtt. It seemed like it was pretty stable at 1.160V, until it wasn't. Now I'm at 1.180V, and again it seems stable. I get the feeling that its pretty close, but I don't want to overdo it.

Comment

See how it goes, 4 sticks may take a hair more or consider raising DRAM voltage a tad (.03 or so) since it's 2 sets

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
                  X