Kit doesn't work in dual-channel mode in ASUS motherboard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit doesn't work in dual-channel mode in ASUS motherboard

Model of the motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V PRO, BIOS version 0606 (latest as of 6/24/2011)
    Model of the memory: F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL
    Model of the CPU: Intel Core i7-2600K

I am having issues getting this kit to boot up in dual-channel configuration. When I installed it initially, I deduced that only one of the sticks worked and sent the other one through RMA. Now that I got a replacement, the only way I can boot with both sticks is by placing them in non-dual-channel configuration (different colored slots). MemOK! doesn't help (not sure how good it is anyway), RAM does work one stick at a time. I am fairly certain I am seating them correctly.

Ideas?

Make sure you have the latest BIOS, then can run Memtest on each individually in slot 1 with the timings, CR and DRAM voltage set manually. If no errors, may be a problem w/ mobo or CPU

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Sounds like the motherboard may need to be replaced.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Originally posted by GSKILL TECH View Post
        Sounds like the motherboard may need to be replaced.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH
        After spending the afternoon flipping RAM around and running memtest, I am starting to think you are correct. I will take this up with ASUS.

Comment

Let us know how it goes

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X