Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

8GB (or16GB) set for ASRock M3A785GMH/128M?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 8GB (or16GB) set for ASRock M3A785GMH/128M?

Hello,

Does anybody have experience with this mobo? I wanted to upgrade my Athlon II X2 425 (running on win7) and bought 8GB set F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL, but even after updating BIOS to latest v, 1.50, couldn't boot.

QVL on ASRock's website is more than a year old..http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/M3A785GMH128M.pdf

pls help

Try with a single stick and then if can gget into BIOS set the timings manually and try with the DRAM voltage up +.05 and the CPU/NB up .1 -- if it boots and is stable can then play with voltages to lower if possible

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Is this a new motherboard? Or did you have other memory in it before? Do you have other DDR3 memory you can test with?

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

First of all, thank you all very much for answering. I find this forum very useful and interesting.

Motherboard, together with all other components was bought in first half of 2009. It was meant to be a budget PC, but upgradable. It was paired with Kingmax 2GB 1333MHz DDR3 and is still run with it and 32-bit win7. Due to fallen prices of memory and risen supply of 64bit software i decided finally to upgrade. First wanted to change RAM and then switch to 64bitOS if everything is OK (maybe a little upside-down process, but I wanted to do easy part first..).

After reading a lot of threads from this place (+consulting IT literate friends) and spent two days tweaking BIOS, changing singles from the set- slot to slot. BIOS recognized the memory and showed in witch slot it is, but couldn't boot. I returned new memory to the store and gave a try some Mushkin 12800, low CL memory (they didn't have any 1333mhz 8GB set in stock) and it worked- on 1333mhz though. So I presume that particular set of Ripjaws was corrupt? Anyway, didn't bought those pricy Mushkin's (2x sum I decided to spend).

Comment

Working...
        X