help in tuning F3-17600CL9D-8GBXLD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help in tuning F3-17600CL9D-8GBXLD

I have a brand-new build on the MB GIGABYTE|GA-Z68X-UD7-B3.? ? 2600K watercooled.

At present I am running the memory F3-17600CL9D-8GBXLD as follows: ?
    memory clock: 936 MHz
    memory speed: DDR 3-1872
    DRAM: FSB 28:3
    memory timing: 9-11-9-28 CR 2
    rest of the memory timings settings are set to AUTO
    DIMM voltage: 1.64 V
    VTT voltage: 1.2 V

If I set the memory clock any higher the computer refuses to boot. On the other hand, at this speed I have run memtest overnight with no errors and LinX(50 runs) and prime (five hours). The PC has a stable overclock at 4.7 MHz. C-1/C6 enabled.

Can you please suggest how I can loosen the timings to attempt to reach the next speed level for this memory. Obviously any suggestions on voltage settings would be greatly appreciated.

Have you tried enabling XMP

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes I did, and when the system failed to boot, I left the XMP basic settings unchanged (entered them manually 9-11-9-28, the balance at auto) but reduced the System memory multiplier (SPD) to 18.66 . That is where the system is now and running stable through all the tests.

Comment

May need a little extra voltage in VCCIO and/or DRAM for full speed ahead

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks Tradesman, any idea how far I can push these voltages without damaging the ram?

Comment

Just take it up in small increments to get stable as each mobo/BIOS is different and how the PSU puts out power can vary

Tman

Comment

Had to take DIMM to 1.68V. System running smooth at 32:3. Love it.
              Will run Memtest overnight. I hope this voltage is not over the top ?
              Thanks a lot. Gskill rocks.

Comment

Unfortunately the memory failed memtest. Is it risky to take DRAM to 1.7 or above (presently at 1.68V). Similarly how far can I push VCCIO presently at 1.2 volts. Thanks

Comment

My memory is failing memtest at rated specs. I have pushed DRAM to 6.8 V and VTT to 1.2 V with no success. I am reluctant to go any further if it risks damage to the memory. Should I RMA this very expensive set?

Comment

VTT should not need to be so high, try a lower voltage. More around 1.10V

Thank you
                    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
                    X