Need help choosing G.Skill Ram for new rig

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help choosing G.Skill Ram for new rig

So I recently came into some money and i decided to buy a lasting gaming rig, I was first aiming for overclocking but once I realised how strong it was already I decided to just use it normally, problem now is I'm having a hell of a headache figuring out which ram to put into it (I obviously want G.Skill on it tou ). I was wondering if you could give me an assessment of which ram would be compatible here, I dont have a price limit, aside from compatibility Im just looking for something with these specifications 4gb DDR3 1333mhz ECC unbuffered. (not hard to realise once you check the mb's specifications tou :P)

This is my rig so far

Motherboard: M4A89GTD_PROUSB3
    Processor: Phenom II x6 Black Edition (model 1100T)
    Last edited by Klyern; 09-16-2011, 09:08 PM.

If you really want 2x2GB 1333, I'd suggest either

F3-10666CL7D-4GBXH or F3-10666CL7D-4GBRH

But if indeed you want something to last awhile I'd suggest 2x4GB in 1600 which the 1100T will easily handle speedwise and this way you already have 8GB which may come in handy as more memory intensive games/programs come out, otherwise if later on w/ 4GB if you decide to upgrade you will probably run into problems adding another 2x2GB set to get to 8GB, To that end I'd suggest maybe

F3-12800CL8D-8GBXM or F3-12800CL8D-8GBRM

could also go 2x4gb 1866 with say F3-14900CL9D-8GBSR

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yeah basically the plan was to get 4GB so i could upgrade to 8GB in the unlikely event that i needed them. Because its a rig solely for gaming needs, and i dont see games using over 4GB soon.

Thanks

Comment

No problem, hope it all works out for you

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X