Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Choosing New ram please...

Hey guys,
    So right now i have a p67a-ud7 with the brilliant [ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL9D-8GBXLD and I want to add more RAM but the same set is a bit too much cash for me so I was thinking, which of those two sets can i add without downgrading the current RAM performance:

This one:[ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM

Or

This one:[ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL

Thank you so much in advance,
    Morph

Of the two, I'd suggest trying the F3-17000CL9D-8GBXM, though even though they are more the best bet would be matching the set you already have, but even then, there's no guarantee the sets will work together, even having two of the same sets, which is why they sell sets in 2,4,6,8,12,16 and 24 GBs. That way the entire set is tested to work together. You can at times, (again, even with the same set/model) have trouble getting them to work together, especially in the higher end/performance models

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Wow, i didnt know that...

Thanks for the reply...
      let me ask you this then...

will it be smarter to buy this one then [ RipjawsX ] F3-17000CL9D-4GBXL?
      which is basically the same as mine only 4 gigs total...

thanks again,
      Morph

Comment

It might be a better choice if you plan to pair it with your current sticks as 4GB vs 8GB would be a little less stress on the MC, but either way there's no guarantee that the sets will play together
        Last edited by Tradesman; 09-14-2011, 09:10 PM.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Is there an estimate ?

Like what are the odds of having two sets that are the same but wont work ? probably slim no ?

Comment

Generally problems come up when the same model is bought at separate times, which creates a bigger chance that the sets came from different production lots....if bought at the same time, say from the Egg, you often get sets that have sequential serial #s and there is seldom a problem....if from different production lots you may encounter different PCBs or lots of ICs, even the tolerances of the production machinery may be off by a miniscule amount

Tman

Comment

Thanks

Thank you very much.

Comment

No problem, keep us updated

Tman

Comment

Working...
                X