2133 Ripjaws X 16GB with Phenom2 x6 1100T question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2133 Ripjaws X 16GB with Phenom2 x6 1100T question

Firstly, I'd like to say "Hello" to everyone. This is my first post here and I'm somewhat of an O.C. noob, so please be nice.

As you can see in my signature, I'm currently using G.skill Flare 8GB RAM. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231409
    I love these things. They've worked perfectly with my setup ever since I've pieced it together. (Minimal BIOS tweaking)

Unfortunately, the heat spreaders are too big for the aftermarket cooler I want to install (and I'm sick of my CPU fan sounding like a blowdryer after 5 minutes under heavy load.)

Long story short, I would like to "upgrade" to the G.skill Ripjaws X 2133 16GB. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231473
    (I do a lot of photo editing, vigorous multitasking and sound editing, so I'm thinking 16GB would be appropriate.) Also, I will be utilizing a new Zambezi CPU once they're purchasable and the Ripjaws should work well with the combination (from what I understand.)

The research I've been doing claims my current CPU / MoBo setup should work (Even though the QVL does not have this specific kit listed, but I blame ASUS as they seem to update their QVL every 2 years...) - however, I'm seeing the CAS @ 11 along with other very loose timings 11-11-11-30 (as to be expected with higher frequency RAM.)

-What kind of timings should I be able to achieve with these Ripjaws given my current system setup? (My sincere apologies if this question has been asked hundreds of times...)

-Has anyone used this specific kit with the Crosshair IV Formula / Phenom 2 x6 1100T? If so, how did they treat you?
    ASUS Crosshair IV Formula (BIOS v.1902)
    AMD Phenom 2 X6 1100T BE
    G.skill Flare 8GB DDR3 2000
    ASUS HD6970 2GB x2
    Cooler Master 1000w Silent Pro Gold PSU

I ran the CH4F for about a year with my 1090T before jumping to the CH5F.
    Tested the board like crazy, your limitation running 2133 memory will be the Thuban CPU.
    I extensively tested 2133 CL9 memory in the setup and the best I could do was 2078MHz.
    And this was with a 2x4GB set, you will have another barrier in that you're looking to run four sticks.
    This will put tremendous stress on the IMC, but CL11 timings could yield better results.

From what is known at this time, Buldozer X8 will have an improved IMC, so it should handle higher frequency memory better.
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T@ 4.2GHz
    Corsair H50 Hydro (push/pull intake fans)
    ASUS Crosshair V Formula
    2x4GB G.Skill RipjawsX@ 1975MHz, 9-10-9-28 (2T)
    SLI: 2x EVGA GTX 570's@ 902/1804/2032
    Creative SB X-Fi Xtreme Gamer
    Corsair HX850W Modular
    Cooler Master HAF 922 (200mm side fan)
    2x Win 7 Home Premium (x64)

Comment

Thanks for the reply Nemesis. It's kind of funny, I've been running into a lot of your posts lately through the research I've been doing lol

As for the 2133 Ripjaws, I'd plan on keeping them at a relatively lower frequency anyways (until the Bulldozer upgrade happens - and hopefully I won't be reading so many mixed reviews on the CH5F by then.)
      Either way, 2078Mhz is still very impressive with CH4F / 1090T.
      AMD Phenom 2 X6 1100T BE
      ASUS HD6970 2GB x2

Comment

Sorry for bumping the thread, but i was just wondering... Did you manage to use the Zambezi Cpu together with the 2133ghz memory sticks? i have the same core and 2x4gb 2133ghz RipjawsX memory dimms, but i havent been able to make my pc boot up, so i was wondering if the Zambezi amd procesor can work together with a higher frequency memory or if the processor/motherboard automatically drops the frequency to match the cpu's limit

Comment

Actually I chose to stick with my Phenom 2 for the time being. I wasn't all that impressed by the Zambezi's numbers in comparison to what I already have, so upgrading seemed a little silly.
          To answer your question though, the Zambezi shouldn't have any issues with this ram at all. I believe I remember reading that the Zambezi can support 2133Mhz "stock". This leads me to believe that your motherboard may either not support the faster ram (doubtful having an AM3+ board) or just needs to be tweaked - this is especially true for pretty much all AMD platforms.
          So if you can boot with slower memory (or memory that you may have had work in your computer before) I'd suggest putting those back in and playing with some BIOS settings. Personally I'd set it to default, see what it gives you, then work from that.

Are you 100% sure your 2133's are in working order? Silly question I know because I've never had any issues with g.skill memory, but stranger things can happen - if the above doesn't work, check your DIMMs individually.
          AMD Phenom 2 X6 1100T BE
          ASUS HD6970 2GB x2

Comment

Yeyyyy?

I already fixed it!
            It didnt have anything to do with the ram, video, mother or the processor, it was the EATX12V connector of the power supply the one that was not plugged it properly... so stupid XD
            About the zambezi, my motherboard supports 2133ghz with overclock, but the zambezi is limited to 1600ghz, i tried increasing it to 1866 but the system didnt boot up. So i will stay with 1600, im not losing a lot compared to my previous 600ghz ddr of my old computer XD.

Thanks for the replies !!!
            Have a nice year all of you !

Comment

Enjoy the New Year and the New System!

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
              X