Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• G.Skill memory kit compatibility question

Hi guys,

I just bought 2x4gb of F3-8500CL7D-8GBRL and I already have 3x2gb of F3-10666CL7T-6GBPK. My motherboard is an ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 and my processor is an AMD Phenom II X6 1055T. What I will do is remove one stick of 2gb and put the 8gb kit in the remaining mobo slot.

My question are : Will both kit of memory will be compatible in dual-channel operation, is it ok to mix these two kits (they both have the same timing) ? And also, could you let me know which BIOS settings would be the best to run both kit together ?

I would also like to know which arrangement would be better :

My slot are like this : A1-A2-B1-B2

should I put the memory like this 2-2-4-4 or like this 2-4-2-4 ???

Comment

you've got a mix of 1066 and 1333 sticks that run on different timings with both sets based on CL7, you can experiment but not thinking you'll have a lot of luck, even if you had bought 2x4GB of 1333/CL7 sticks would prob have a hard time. Would if you want to try to add additional sticks to what you have, return the 1066 sticks and get a set of 2x4GB 1333/CL7 sticks. You might be able to get one of these sets to work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...odeId=1&name=7

but I wouldn't count on it.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Originally posted by Tradesman View Post
        you've got a mix of 1066 and 1333 sticks that run on different timings with both sets based on CL7, you can experiment but not thinking you'll have a lot of luck, even if you had bought 2x4GB of 1333/CL7 sticks would prob have a hard time. Would if you want to try to add additional sticks to what you have, return the 1066 sticks and get a set of 2x4GB 1333/CL7 sticks. You might be able to get one of these sets to work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...odeId=1&name=7

but I wouldn't count on it.

I thought they both had the same timing of 7-7-7-18 ??? I thought having the same timing was enough to have a good compatibility ??

If I experiment, which arrangement should I try ?? 2-4-2-4 or 2-2-4-4 ?? Also, could you point me out which BIOS settings should I use with this combination ??

Comment

Problem is you'll want the same timings and base freq, instead of having bases of 1066 and 1333. Typically if you have 1333 sticks set for 9-9-9-27 and want to run them at say 1066 you'll set the timings down to 8-8-8-24 or so. If this was Intel I'd suggest going 1-3 with the 4 GB sticks and put the 1066 sticks in 2-4, but w/AMD no telling where to even begin to start with the mixed sticks

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
          X