asus p5q3 F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asus p5q3 F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL

Hello to the community. I own the ASUS P5Q3 and i have just upgraded from 3 GB OCZ ddr3 1333 ram to 2x4 kit of g.skill F3-10666CL9D-8GBRL. I did a cmos reset i replaced the ram but then the pc does not post and no beep error.. I can not even log into bios to change the settings. I tried diffrent slots to stick the memories each one every time but still no luck.. Do you have any suggestion? Thanks in advance..

I have the latest bios installed. The rest of the system is e8500, sapphire 5850.
    Last edited by drentas; 09-06-2011, 03:04 PM.

One stick at a time did not work either?

Do you have the latest BIOS?

Thank you
    GSKILL TECH

Comment

Thanks for your reply first of all. I have the latest bios installed. The rest of the system is e8500, sapphire 5850.
      If i use single stick in different slot each time the result is the same. No post, no beep error.. If i dont stick any ram i hear beep errors indicating no ram installed.

Comment

Send them in for RMA to see if a new kit works better.

Thank you
        GSKILL TECH

Comment

Here are the latest news. I am back from the store with a new set of the same memory model ( the previous was faulty.. ). I do a cmos reset again and plug one of the two sticks to the orange slot.. i still have problem.. Although now the mobo post with the stick installed i get random freezes in the bios, i can not even set the voltages. I hit the reset button and then no post.. Only if i do a clear cmos i can get to bios but then it freezes.. I have tried to press f2 to load default values to bios but then it freezes before windows logo in screen. Any suggestions??

Update.. I managed to set the timings and the voltage of the ram + 0.4 and the nb voltage to 1.30.
          I can ran memtest now and it is full of errors..
          I may have another deflected ram??
          Last edited by drentas; 09-16-2011, 09:42 AM. Reason: update

Comment

Does it do the same thing with both sticks individually using the orange slots?

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Yes it does the same thing no matter which stick i use.. Using 1.30 nb voltage and 1.54 ddr voltage i managed to run memtest but i got lot of errors.. Most of times it freezes on post screen and in the bios settings.. What else can i do to make this run?

Comment

Sounds like a bad mobo

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Thanks for your rely. I have managed to boot and set the values for the ram with 1.30 nb voltage and 1.64 ddr voltage. Withe this settings i dont get so many problems, only one stick in the orange slot, i have not tried all 8gb so far.. The previous ram i had installed was working at 1.5 with no problems at all.. Do you have any suggestions so i can make this stable?

Comment

May want to try raising the NB voltage, it may be laboring w/ 4GB sticks, if that doesn't help, could you post your BIOS settings as to RAM, Voltages and CPU settings

Tman

Comment

Is there any problem if i raise more than 1.30 the nb voltage? The ddr voltage is set to 1.66 now and i am on windows with no problems so far. Only with one stick installed by the way in the first orange slot.
                      I have also set manually the timings and speed of ram to 9-9-9-24 and 1333 Mhz.
                      The rest of the bios settings are default, so i have not set cpu clock fsb or voltage.

Comment

Update. With 1.7 ddr voltage and 1.4 nb voltage i can run both sticks at the same time. I am logged in windows and no blue screen so far. But, although the temps are not high enough (50 for the cpu in stress mode ) if i run Intel Burn Test i get instability error and when i boot to run memtest some times it runs for over an hour without any error and sometimes i get tons of errors even though in windows i am stable.. You think that if i raise the ddr voltage would fix those problems? Is it safe to go beyond 1.7?.. My case is HAF X so there is sufficient airflow in there

Comment

I wouldn't really go any higher on the DRAM voltage, might check CR (Command Rate) should be 2T and possibly raise the vCore voltage a tad maybe +.05

Tman

Comment

There is no command rate command in p5q3.. i have managed to run about 1 hour memtest with one stick installed at 1.72 i do not risk to go any higher.. I also managed to boot into windows with 8gb but i got a bsod while loading a flash site.. My psu is a enermax 525+, do you think that maybe this is the problem? i have also set fsb to nb strap to 333 and Memory OC Charger to enabled and still no problem with one stick installed
                            Last edited by drentas; 09-18-2011, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Could go ahead and try the two at current settings, if No Joy, could you post your BIOS settings so we can take a look to see if we can find something that looks oput of whack?

Tman

Comment

Working...
                              X