Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

issues with my G.SKILL NQ Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 6GB (3x2GB) Triple Channel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• issues with my G.SKILL NQ Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 6GB (3x2GB) Triple Channel

Hello, I'm having some issues with my Gskill ram. These are the specs of my build:

Motherboard: Asus P6X58D-E
    RAM: G.SKILL NQ Series DDR3 1600MHz (PC3-12800) 6GB (3x2GB) Triple Channel Kit (F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ)
    CPU: Intel cORE i7 930
    OS is Windows 7

what happens is that every one in a while (maybe twice a week) when I start my computer, it only recognizes 4 of my 6GB of memory. I turn off the PC, start again, check my BIOS, and then it shows the 6GB. Everything after that works fine. I manually set the DRAM frequency to 1600 in the BIOS, but it didnt solve my problem. They are installed in their respective slot as it's shown in the Motherboard manual (Slots A1, B1 and C1)

Also, I do a lot of 3d work, so I'm considering upgrading my RAM to 12GB (3 x 4GB ) or maybe 24GB (6 x 4GB). My question is, if I get the 12GB set, would interfere with the 6GB that I already have ? it'd be like this ( 3 x2GB) and (3 x 4GB) giving me 18 GB of memory but that doesnt sound right since I have been told that memory only works properly if it's 12, 24 or 32.

The G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) seems like a good choice, but it doesn't show in the motherboard list of qualified vendors.

On the current problem, might try reseating the sticks and ensure they are in snug, if the problem persists, ensure you A) have the latest BIOS and/or B) might raise the DRAM voltage .05 (the mobo may not be feeding the true voltage needed to initialize the sticks

If you want to try and mix the sticks with a 12GB set, you'd want to run the 4GB sticks in 1-3-5 and the 2s in 2-4-6 (and yes it can work, will prob have to adjust the DRAM Voltage and the MC voltage (believe QPI/VTT on your mobo)....there is, however, no guarantee the sticks will work together..

If you go to 24, would suggest a full 24 GB set, say the F3-10666CL9T2-24GBRL, primarily because again, there's no guarantee that 2 12GB sets will work together

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

For your existing memory, as Tman stated, try raising voltage +0.5V (not .05, haha)

Most likely a 6GB and 12GB kit will not work together, so I would suggest purchasing the 24GB kit. You can keep the 6GB as back up, or possibly use in another system. Any G.Skill 24GB kit will be perfectly compatible with that motherboard.

Thank you
      GSKILL TECH

Comment

Working...
      X