• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 kits 2x4 GB G Skill Ripjaws X CL8

Mobo: Asrock P67 Fatal1ty
    Ram: 2 kits 2x4 GB Ripjaws X CL8
    CPU: Intel 2600k

I'm kinda new with RAM timings, voltage, etc. The thing is, I'd like to know what would be stable timings for the mentioned rig.

Right now, timings are stock 8-8-8-24 1.50V at 1600mhz (the rest auto). I've heard that, when using 4 sticks, you have to be a tad more conservative with timings and clock (and/or increase voltage).

I'm getting a BSOD nvdlmkm.sys related, though I'm almost sure it's the GPU (eventhough it's a brand new rig, I must have gotten a faulty 570 SOC), as I'm getting artifacts at the BSOD, can't even get to windows with drivers installed. Doesn't matter if I use just 2 sticks of memory, the BSOD is there anyway. I would get the BSOD anyway with auto settings (11-11-11-28 timings), no matter which drivers I used (both older and the latest).

The thing is, this has made me crazy about performance, once I get my GPU RMA'd I'd like to have it all working as it should.

BTW: I should run memtest one stick at a time, right?

Thanks for your help.

PS: I haven't been able to really use my PC with stressfull software, as I've been having the aforementioned problem with my GPU. As of now, it doesn't look as I'm having any kind of trouble with my RAM, but before having surprises with memtest, I'd like to know which settings would be the perfect ones to know if my mems are OK or should be RMA'd.

The BSOD is the result of a driver update, can try uninstalling the driver and make sure the file, nvlddmkm.sys..is gone from the windows/system32/drivers directory. Then install the latest driver.

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

I've already tried just about everything I could. That was the first thing I did, fully uninstalled latest drivers, cleaned even the registry, then installed the previous WHQL drivers. Got the same BSOD (different artifacts, anyway, a black screen with pink artifacts before a BSOD with blue artifacts, with the latest drivers, the black screen before the BSOD showed green artifacts instead) I'm almost certain my GPU is a faulty one.

Anyway, regarding the RAM, should I use other timings?
      Last edited by Raysito22; 08-24-2011, 04:39 PM.

Comment

Does sound like the GPU is bad then, to the timings, if having troubles try the stocks timings, with CR (Command Rate) at 2T or 2N) if it uses the N designator), not sure exactly what sets of sticks you have (or even then the mobo - there's the Performance and also the Professional models in P67s), but you can try raising the DRAM voltage .05 and/or the VTT by .06 (note: to experiment you can use the F-Stream Tuning Software rather than reboot over and over)

Pls offer comments on support I provide, HERE, in order to help me do a better job here:

Tman

Comment

Working...
        X